Stereo Options

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Stereo Options

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Hello fellow members,

Over the past years I have never had a stereo in the car and I'm ready for one. Trying to determine what options are best. Ideally I would love just a hidden receiver that I can Bluetooth into and control from my phone but I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. I was thinking some type of ATV unit or marine unit. I wanted to see if some other members can post pictures of their set ups. Specifically where you mounted your speakers and a stock dash/console modified for a single din. I really don't want a single din because I have had cars stolen just for that which is out of control when you think about it, but if that is my best option I may go that route as they are super cheap now.

Thanks
looking for pass. side arm rest
Byron510

Re: Stereo Options

Post by Byron510 »

It's kind of old school, but I bought an amp that simply had a 3.5mm input jack that I could plug my I pod/MP3 player into - no head unit at all!. I have never installed it because I figure I'd need a competition level stereo to overcome the mechanical noise of my car, so it's sat in a box (somewhere in the shop) for over 10 years - not getting any better with age I might add.

My previous 510 had a USB port that took memory sticks - eventually I just listened only to the songs on that stick and never used the radio function anyways.

But the idea I think is sound, the MP# can be permanently hooked up to the car so it's always charged and has power, and you take it inside to download your latest onto....
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Heinrich

Post by Heinrich »

Another option might be to take an old radio with busted internals and buy a Bluetooth amp off eBay and build it into the old chassis.
keeping the stock look but with Bluetooth functionality.
something like so : https://www.banggood.com/50W50W-TDA7492 ... mds=search
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

The Amp with aux cord sounds like a viable option. Amps now are smaller than before with good output, so easy to store out of sight. I di did find a Rockford fosgate system that does exactly what I want but its just under $200, I can pull off the amp trick cheaper I think. Not looking for some crazy sound system just some tunes for the trips I did take in it.
looking for pass. side arm rest
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

I bought this last year. I Still have not installed it. I think it will meet all you are looking for. Bluetooth, USB, MP3, etc.
The unit is very small and light weight. I think it would fit in the glovebox too.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dual-Electro ... r/54596679?
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage