Fender eye brow trim

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Fender eye brow trim

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Hi fellas I recently did a search but couldn't come up with much. I was able to acquire a set of NOS fender eye brow trim.
My question is in regards to mounting them. When I purchased my car they did not have any trim on the fenders so I'm not sure how they mount. Is there supposed to be a clip thats threaded on the fender that allows you to mount the trim? Also what size screw or bolt are you supposed to use to mount these?
Any useful information will greatly be appreciated. Here's a photo fo the mounting holes in question.

ImageFTBOX by v p, on Flickr

ImageFTMH by v p, on Flickr

Thanks in advance
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
defdes
Supporter

Re: Fender eye brow trim

Post by defdes »

As far as I remember, they just use a very flat headed sheet metal screw....but I can't remember very far. Nice parts, did they come with the rubber trim too??
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

defdes wrote: 06 Aug 2019 16:01 As far as I remember, they just use a very flat headed sheet metal screw....but I can't remember very far. Nice parts, did they come with the rubber trim too??
Yes they came with the rubber gasket. Its actually on the trim just hard to see from the photo. Ok I have plenty of screws. Thanks
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Qty 3 stainless phillips panhead self tapping sheetmetal screws per side. There should be a small hole in the fender at each of those slotted holes, slotted for minor adjustment of the trim. WOW! killer NOS pieces!
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

yenpit wrote: 07 Aug 2019 09:25 Qty 3 stainless phillips panhead self tapping sheetmetal screws per side. There should be a small hole in the fender at each of those slotted holes, slotted for minor adjustment of the trim. WOW! killer NOS pieces!
Thanks Yenpit. The only issue is they don't line up so well with the exiting holes in the fender. Not sure what to do. I can post a photo of what I mean when I get home.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Part of the problem I've seen over the years with the eyebrow trim is that Datsun DID re-tool at least once, I think maybe even twice! I have a pair that are 2pc........the main U shaped piece & then the small U shaped "lip" is beautifully spot welded, like on a machine! Having said that, I have also seen the screw holes in the fenders slightly off. Bottom line, take your time fitting, make sure body work is how you want it, mark & drill new holes if necessary. Once the trim piece is in place, you won't see the other holes!

If you decide NOT to use those NOS parts, I just might know somebody that would be interested!! :D :wink: 8) :D
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

yenpit wrote: 09 Aug 2019 13:19 Part of the problem I've seen over the years with the eyebrow trim is that Datsun DID re-tool at least once, I think maybe even twice! I have a pair that are 2pc........the main U shaped piece & then the small U shaped "lip" is beautifully spot welded, like on a machine! Having said that, I have also seen the screw holes in the fenders slightly off. Bottom line, take your time fitting, make sure body work is how you want it, mark & drill new holes if necessary. Once the trim piece is in place, you won't see the other holes!

If you decide NOT to use those NOS parts, I just might know somebody that would be interested!! :D :wink: 8) :D
Thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of that. Yeah the center hole is slightly off. I still haven't had time to go out there and take photo's. I will try and take some today. I will let you know if I decide to sell them.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !