Chimming in from the PNW

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
iskone

Chimming in from the PNW

Post by iskone » 26 Jul 2009 16:47

Just saying hi. Looking to pick up a 510 real soon, I have 2 240Z's now. Hoping to find one that doesn't need any major rust repair, plans are just to build a reliable car to zip around town in, no racing or anything.

okayfine
Supporter

Re: Chimming in from the PNW

Post by okayfine » 26 Jul 2009 19:15

Hello. You might want to fill in your location in your profile, PNW is a big place.

Lots of good 510s up for sale in the last few months. Some good, reliable DDs included, and some very nice stockers coming out of the woodwork. Do you have a budget for your initial purchase?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

iskone

Post by iskone » 27 Jul 2009 12:27

LOL, I must have skipped the location, I'll fix it. I'm in Washington near Tacoma.

My price range is from 1000-2500 initially. I'd like to stay near 1000, at least until I can sell off a LS6 I was going to use for one of my 240's. I've been in contact with a few 510's for sale, one needs new floorboards (I can't seem to find replacents, have a link by chance?) one needs to be assembled but seems like a good deal on paper, the seller seems very flakey so I still haven't seen it in person. I have another one that looks okay on paper too but it's down in Portland and I won't be able to see it until the weekend.

Been looking at the prices for a while and they seem a little lower then they have been in the past so I hope to have one soon.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 27 Jul 2009 14:31

If the search is still broken here, you might want to head to www.datsun510.com and search the Bluebirds archives for floor boards, or "rediron" as the fella who makes replacements uses that for part of his e-mail. He doesn't have a web page.

Cars are out there for your price range, icehouse here has low-buck finds all the time. Something like that tends to be a word-of-mouth thing, and not so much something you're going to find on CL. I'd avoid all flakey sellers with project cars as you're likely to end up with a number of significant missing parts upon reassembly.

My main advice is to buy the absolute best car you can afford to start out with. It'll save you so much in the end. $2500 can buy a much better car than $1000, but neither will likely be rust-free.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 27 Jul 2009 16:14

Found it by happenstance:

<rediron07@comcast.net>

iskone

Post by iskone » 27 Jul 2009 19:44

Cool thanks!

Yeah it can be hard not to jump on the first car that seems decent once you've got the itch but I know better.

iskone

Post by iskone » 27 Jul 2009 21:53

Muhahaha!!! I found them here http://datsun510.com/shop3/product_info ... 58804f6bf8

Turns out I've already made a SN at that site but when I searched nothing came up, I found the floorboards by looking at vendors.... I've looked at around a dozen sites before I found em.