I do 510

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
kuasakuda

I do 510

Post by kuasakuda »

Goodday guys,

I dont have 510.... but I do few restoration on this models... glad meet all you here... btw, just Call me Mus and i'm from Malaysia...

started from somethin like this

to this

and this

and this as well
Last edited by kuasakuda on 28 Sep 2009 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
merlin
Supporter

Re: I do 510

Post by merlin »

Nice Work! Are there Lots of 510's left in Malaysia?
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Wow! If the close-up work looks like the picture you posted, you'd make a lot of money here in the States repairing rusty 510s!

Greetings from the US.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
kuasakuda

Post by kuasakuda »

thanks guys... i cant explain well in your language. so just look at the pictures and the progress... over here, working with metal on oldskool couldnt make good money. just sufficient to live life. but if do on classics, that's be better... 8)

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Wow, again. That car here in the US, even today, would probably not get saved. Thank you for saving the car!
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

okayfine wrote:Wow, again. That car here in the US, even today, would probably not get saved. Thank you for saving the car!
No doubt!
The car I just cut apart this past weekend was better than this as far as rust was concerned!
I love how you did the 2 dr conversion by cutting the door and lengthening it - then moving the post back - man that is the hard way, but it's done and you deserve good credit for doing this! That's hard work, and most would not attempt this.

I was looking at the side profile of your car now that it's done and in primer. It does look different from an OEM 2dr sedan, and it took me a while to figure out why. The 4dr front door curves a bit toward the front as you follow the back edge down the door; the OEM 2dr has a curve to the rear. Now you have a hybrid; a 2dr with a curve to the front, and you likely have a very unique car world wide now. The very minor change to the body lines was noticeable, but it took me a while to catch exactly why.
Nice work, you are definitely doing a 2dr conversion the hard way. I can't wait to see it all painted and shiny. But you car will be very unique in Malaysia as there were few, if any 2dr cars delivered there – is that correct?
Keep us post, bad language or not, glad you are here on the site – we’ll figure out what you are trying to say. Besides the old saying of a picture is worth a thousand words holds so true!
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

All-metal wheel flares, too, I assume? :shock: