Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
71dime

Post by 71dime »

hi all my names wes.
i am 18 years of old

ive got a 71 wagon.
it was given to me by a family friend, he used it as his parts car.
it was wrecked when i recieved it, right side fender was crumpled up prety bad and the core support was thrashed.
i heated and hammered out the inner fender well and after about a thousand spot welds replaced the core support aswell as added some tubeing to the core support for more strength.
ive swapped out the crossmember for a reversed member for my front sump engine.

when i got the wagon it was missing the front metal aswell as the hatch so i did some parts trading and got some workable parts.

i had an 84 200sx and got rear ended so i sent the engine to my guy and had him rebuild it aswell as put a new cam in it, most life and longest duration with out the pistons hitting the valuves.

i built my own intake.
this was a cannon kit for a 240z and a nissan factory nap-z manifold.
the webber redline down drafts fit the cannon kit.
i took a stock single carb manifold from a nap-z 2.4 off of a truck, cut the carb mount off and milled the manifold flush.
i cut the adaptor flanges off of the cannon kit and milled them flush.
welded the three pieces together with a tig welder.
added the balance tube.
ported the water tunnels on the factory part of the manifold aswell as cut open and ported the water tunnels on the cannon adaptor kit.
bent some two inch(o.d.) aluminum tubes, cut off the outside of the bends, fitted, trimmed, ground and hammered the cut out aluminum bends aswell as the manifold.
welded the bends to the manifold to make the water jackets.
i used quater inch stainless tube and stainless fittings from the automotive store and plummed the water return.
the large stainless cylinder you see in the middle of the manifold that will be turned down to a cone shape .
that is were the water return leaves the manifold and will be plummed to the head.
there are four bosses welded into the manifold.
they will be tapped and plugged until the engine has been broken in.
once the engine is broken in i will put a 50 shot of nitrous on it.
the carbs you see there are webber redline 32/36's.
they are a match set aswell as mechanical secondaries due to the fact that i have such a large cam the engine wont have much vacume.

i hope for afound 250hp n/a with this set up and then later on down the road ill introduce the 50 shot.

ive got a 5 speed from a 280zx. im going to see if that set up will work for me but due to some past conversations on this forum i think im going to get a 200sx 5 speed and put a tougher clutch and an aluminum flywheel on it.

im running 15x6 for now.

im going to use the 280zx front struts with some sort of spring kit on them, the factory springs are huge!
im also useing the factory 280zx brakes on the front.
also gona get a new sway bar.

the rear end.
i think for now im just going to weld the spyder gears until i get an lsd live axle, maybe narrowed a little, and do that swap.

as far as the interior goes in going to bead roll my own aluminum door skins and purchase a carpet kit online.

id love to move the b pillar back and make it a true two door but thats alot of work.

well thats about if so far.

thanks

wes
Last edited by 71dime on 26 Oct 2009 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
1971 510 wagon
nap-z 2.2
okayfine
Supporter

Re: new member

Post by okayfine »

Hey Wes,

You might want to mention your age. As you mentioned in your first thread, it might help give perspective to some of the younger members of The Realm what you can accomplish with hard work and tackling "major" projects like your intake manifold, nevermind bringing a car back from the dead.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
71dime

Re: new member

Post by 71dime »

okayfine wrote:Hey Wes,

You might want to mention your age. As you mentioned in your first thread, it might help give perspective to some of the younger members of The Realm what you can accomplish with hard work and tackling "major" projects like your intake manifold, nevermind bringing a car back from the dead.
yeah i will, thanks
1971 510 wagon
nap-z 2.2