Greetings

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
D52E
Supporter

Greetings

Post by D52E »

Greetings,
My name is Ramon and I have been a 510 owner for 6 months. I have a 69 2 door with L20B and 5pd dogleg trans. I recently installed 280ZX front struts and have been doing some rust repairs http://datsunpl510.weebly.com/index.html

I just wanted thank all of you for the resources you bring to 510 enthusiasts around the world.

Edit: Updated website link
Attachments
510 First Day
510 First Day
!BSUbTRwCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl)s+(BKCjndrp)w~~_1.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
Last edited by D52E on 28 May 2011 07:07, edited 1 time in total.
merlin
Supporter

Re: Greetings

Post by merlin »

welcome Ramon,

Nice looking project car... I see you got the patch panels from Alfaparts.net/com... one of us needs to send him a rusty straight piece so he can get tht wheel arch shape right.

what state are you in?
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
D52E
Supporter

Post by D52E »

I am in Nashville Tennessee and yes I did get the patch panels from Alfaparts. I agree with you that the shape of the wheel arch needs some work :x . Unfortunately I don’t know of any other source for these patch panels. Do you have any suggestions?

Perhaps I can try and save some of the other side patch when I get to it and send it to Allen. It may be some months before I have time.

Thanks,
Ramon
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

now you've got'em, make em work, it's not that hard... Byron ordered some from Australia- they are pretty much a perfect match and have the rear corner curve too.

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Datsun-1600-5 ... 68779.aspx

I'm ordering a set for Nissansport project 510.
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
D52E
Supporter

Post by D52E »

I do plan on making do with the patch panels I have. It is a slow tedious process to cut and fit them many times. This left rear quarter panel patch probably took about 4 hours. I wish I had known about these Australian ones beforehand. O well, live and learn. On the plus side, I do have fun learning metal fab and welding.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

merlin wrote:now you've got'em, make em work, it's not that hard... Byron ordered some from Australia- they are pretty much a perfect match and have the rear corner curve too.

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Datsun-1600-5 ... 68779.aspx

I'm ordering a set for Nissansport project 510.
I didn't actually get them for OZ myself, but Ralph did! I traded him some work for the pieces (I was about to buy a pair from Baz, then I ended up with them on my door step a week later when I did a bit of work for a club member, worked for me)- they are good quality - I can vouch for them.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.