Hello

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
el150

Hello

Post by el150 »

Hey everyone ,

my name is carlos, i'm 18 and i'm from southern california. and currently my project is 2 dr 1972 datsun 510 that i have had for almost 2 years. I have done some upgrades with some help of my dad. i really want to no more about 510's, like swaps etc. I'm pretty excited and can't wait for what going to happen next with my project. This site seems pretty legit and well that about it for now

this is what my 510 currently looks like
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Hello

Post by okayfine »

Hello Carlos,

There's more information here than you can probably read (or need), but just about everything has been discussed and/or documented. The search feature of this website will be your friend, but if you have specific questions that the search doesn't answer, that's what we're here for.

You may also want to check out some of the threads in the Project and Featured Project sections. Often they start with cars in similar condition to your own, and you can read how they did the work to transform them.

Then there's this bit of advice for new 510 owners:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12575

and another useful link to the Dime, Quarterly backissues. Full of great information, as mentioned in the link above:
http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles.shtml
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
five&dime

Re: Hello

Post by five&dime »

Welcome Carlos.

Single best word of advice for a new member.... Make sure you use the search feature for questions. As okay stated, almost any question you could have has been asked and answered many times.

Some people are a bit too lazy to use the search and the veterans on this forum will jump all over you for that. We just want to keep you in the good graces here :)

Sounds like you have a cool dad to help you do the work. And again... Welcome to the realm!!!!! Tis a great forum