A formal introduction

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
VelvetHammer
Supporter

A formal introduction

Post by VelvetHammer »

Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a while and never have said hello or properly introduced myself, which is poor form on my part; so, hello!

I've currently got (2) 510's:

My dad bought this '69 4 door new new from the dealer. It was my first car, and I restored it to it's perfect glory about 9 years ago.
Image Image
Since then it's taken a few lumps, but still looks great, however it's not running at the moment, but I have some plans in the works.

My other 510 is a '68 race car I bought about a 1 1/2 years ago.
Image Image
This car is also currently non-operational (blown engine, rookie error)

Both cars have been an education in life (father/ son restoration project), project scope creep (over-budget spending), and pure joy (finishing something you know you're going to love).

For those interested, I'll start some individual threads on these cars, among other things, and do my best to share some of my grizzled wisdom.

Thanks for your most recent help and knowledge (v912 head). And thanks in advance, because I'm sure I have more than a few other questions to ask!

Cory aka VelvetHammer
duke
Supporter

Re: A formal introduction

Post by duke »

Cory, I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your 4-door. I remember seeing pictures of it a few years ago and it took me a few looks to figure out that there was something special about it. Such a great sleeper. Glad that you have joined the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing more details about both cars.
Duke Schimmer

'72 2-Door 510
"Simplify and add lightness."
VelvetHammer
Supporter

Post by VelvetHammer »

Thanks Duke! I was just reading your thread on your car, beautifully done sir! It's always inspiring to see such great progress, and I'm very jealous of your fabrication skills! :mrgreen:
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

VelvetHammer wrote:My dad bought this '69 4 door new new from the dealer. It was my first car, and I restored it to it's perfect glory about 9 years ago.
I love your work. :mrgreen:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Derek

Post by Derek »

Hey Cory, good to see you on here -- I hope you get your race car back on track soon.

Hadn't seen pics of the 4 door -- looks great. Almost makes me want to get a set of steelies and hub caps for mine.
VelvetHammer
Supporter

Post by VelvetHammer »

Thanks guys, great threads on your cars btw. I'll try to make mine as informative!
sssblubrd

Post by sssblubrd »

A labor of love definetely, although I am currently working on restoring a '74 260Z, I am still hopeful that one day I can find the perfect dime to add to my collection.