New guy, just here for a moment

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
te51levin

New guy, just here for a moment

Post by te51levin »

I'm not a 510 owner (I've always been a Toyota guy) and to be entirely honest, I only joined to reply to a WTB thread found through Google. Here's that thread:
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14187

I have some wheels available that fit saifa's description and am just looking for permission before I reply to that thread. I think you can tell that I'm a real person trying to reply to a specific request and not a scavenger looking to make a living here - I am involved as a vendor (you can Google my username) on a couple of other forums and that's plenty for me!
Last edited by te51levin on 09 Mar 2010 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
tycot1
Supporter

Re: New guy, just here for a moment

Post by tycot1 »

you can pm saifa directly to make contact easy. go to the thread and click on his name then private message. good luck.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Might as well post a picture of your Toyota while you're here 8)
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
te51levin

Post by te51levin »

okayfine wrote:Might as well post a picture of your Toyota while you're here 8)
Yeah, alright, here's the current bucket.

Picture makes it look prettier than it is. Running a fairly basic setup, a 7A-GE 1.8 liter stroker built up from a 7A-FE Corolla engine block/crank/rods and the original 4A-GE top end with some goofy mods, mild Web camshafts, MegaSquirt, EDIS coil (no EDIS module), etc. Suspension and brakes are BPU, nothing exotic or trick by any means, but effective. Wheels are Kei Office Modia 15x6.5 +30 in the rear and Watanabe RS-Eight 15x6.5 +34 up front. I didn't set out to mismatch wheels, but I stumbled across two cheap pairs of JDM rollers, so what the heck.

The next step is a fairly comprehensive update including ITBs cobbled together from Yamaha R1 hardware and a very old Volvo (SU) airbox, a six speed LSD box, LWFW and grippy clutch, etc. Hoping to get those installed within the next 60 days.