510 build on the way

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
aussiebj

510 build on the way

Post by aussiebj »

G`day after lurking on here on and off for a long while i finally found a 510, and i am picking it up next Saturday..so i just wanted to say hi and my build will be under way soon....Thanks Barry
tycot1
Supporter

Re: 510 build on the way

Post by tycot1 »

whats up barry. lots of pics from start to finish are always cool. tyson
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

Yes i like pics too just to give every one a heads up i build cars on the side as a hobby of mine..i can do roll cages ..pro touring cars prostreet cars as well as race and street cars anything that involves fabrication .so if you need any thing fixed or done just drop me a line and i will be happy to help out ..here r a couple of pics of my past projects... if you have some spare time to kill check out the protouring 69 fastback im buildin right now on this site
http://www.listangs.com/forum/viewtopic ... &sk=t&sd=a
and if not heres a couple
here s 700hp prostreet nova i narrowed the rear back halfed it and roll cage goes 8.90 on spray
Heres a pro street vega i took from grannys car to a blown 383 chevy beast look at the size of the tires i put under it
AND THE MONEY SHOT.........
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

The boy got skills
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Ain't finished yet.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

Easy i havent piced it up yet ..next Saturday ill bring her home.....
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

Well after a 750 mile round trip i finally have the 510 at home..ill post pics later today ,i am interested to see if anyone recognizes the car.....
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

here is a crappy cell phone pic till i get home
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

aussiebj wrote:Well after a 750 mile round trip i finally have the 510 at home..ill post pics later today ,i am interested to see if anyone recognizes the car.....

Did you buy it in Culpeper, VA?

If so, I believe I recognize the car.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
510rob

Post by 510rob »

okayfine wrote:Ain't finished yet.
damn, tough crowd!

all of those flat black cars look completely Max Max'd!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

HAHA I figured it out, the link is a Mustang, took me a bit but I got it :) Looks like a tough project. Why don't muscle car dudes ever lower there cars? They are always stompers. Cool build though, I still haven't let my balls drop and cut the front off a 510 and tried to do a better suspension setup. The day will come though :)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Jeff, I always figured this would be the way to go as well - I just don't have the time for "another" project at the moment. I just think of the possibilities that are open if the strut towers were not there! :D

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

Yes i picked it up from Culpeper VA from a great guy and he got the car from Georgia..just trying to find out some history on the car...here are some specs that i know...its registered as a 72 but the previous owner thinks its a 71???..anyway its got a turbo L16 in it and the setup is a Turbo Toms set up with a holley draw through carb..some sort of coil overs in the front..koni blue shocke in back i think.. 4 point roll cage ..that i will be replacing..im just a nut when it comes to saftey..two corbeau racing seats 5 point harnesses ( red) i will be replacing as well..i think the original colour was red..bre f/g front fenders and bre rear pop riveted on flares....old school tach and gauges. here is the old tag number from GA HA1276...and the previous owners name was Anthony Hargrave from Lithonia GA back in 2003 and the last regie from GA was in 2005..if anyone knows him or has any info on the car that would be greatly appreciated you can respond here or email me at scoopbj@aol.com thanks..Barry
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

aussiebj wrote:Yes i picked it up from Culpeper VA from a great guy and he got the car from Georgia..just trying to find out some history on the car...here are some specs that i know...its registered as a 72 but the previous owner thinks its a 71???..anyway its got a turbo L16 in it and the setup is a Turbo Toms set up with a holley draw through carb..some sort of coil overs in the front..koni blue shocke in back i think.. 4 point roll cage ..that i will be replacing..im just a nut when it comes to saftey..two corbeau racing seats 5 point harnesses ( red) i will be replacing as well..i think the original colour was red..bre f/g front fenders and bre rear pop riveted on flares....old school tach and gauges. here is the old tag number from GA HA1276...and the previous owners name was Anthony Hargrave from Lithonia GA back in 2003 and the last regie from GA was in 2005..if anyone knows him or has any info on the car that would be greatly appreciated you can respond here or email me at scoopbj@aol.com thanks..Barry
email sent.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
aussiebj

Post by aussiebj »

email responded to ..Thanks