Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
izzo

Post by izzo »

Just making an intro

Getting a 69 dime from another member, live in seaside oregon... got one pic, ill have more sometime later...

qwik510
Supporter

Re: new member

Post by qwik510 »

Welcome,

Can't wait to see the pics after you give it a bath.

Looks good in that pic.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello izzo,

Yeah, the OR Dimes always pop up dirty, but then surprise you once they get cleaned up a bit.

What are your plans?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
izzo

Post by izzo »

okayfine wrote:Hello izzo,

Yeah, the OR Dimes always pop up dirty, but then surprise you once they get cleaned up a bit.

What are your plans?
qwik510 wrote:Welcome,

Can't wait to see the pics after you give it a bath.

Looks good in that pic.
I know both you guys from ratsun :D i go by the nick h2theizzo on there...

Yeah should look good when it gets a bath. Weather here has been horrible. For now, only plans is get it clean, buff the paint and rock it as is.

Not sure on plans, ill have to make up a list of things i want to do and throw it up here. For sure tho, fix the couple patches of rust, carpet, bumpers (ones on it dont come with). Id like to either find some stock hubcaps to throw on it or maybe something a little better looking than the stock steelies and lower it a little. It will be a daily driver so id rather not lower it to much. I dropped my 720 on its nuts and bottom out everywhere :\

Cant wait to get it :D Its still two weeks off. Bought the finned valve cover for it tho already. Have some stuff im selling and what not so may end up trading that stuff for dime parts. Pretty excited about getting it, been wanting a 510 for quite some time.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Getting it reliable and driving it sound like a great plan.

Take more pics and post 'em when you get it.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Skib

Post by Skib »

Heeeeeeeyyyy Tim :lol:

Have I been slacking on Ratsun or have you just not told me your getting a dime yet!?
Ratsun.net
1973 240z turbo
1971 510 wagon
1983 280zx
1979 620 KC
1971 510 2 door
1974 Violet Hardtop
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

[13:13:28] <h2theizzo> dunno about getting that dime
[13:13:33] <h2theizzo> dood said its gonna be a few more weeks now

:roll: :lol:
I'm your huckleberry.
nukeday

Post by nukeday »

I was curious why you might want that 1600 cover. Did you pick it up yet?
'Well done is better than well said' - Benjamin Franklin

'64 L320
'69 521
'69 510
izzo

Post by izzo »

nukeday wrote:I was curious why you might want that 1600 cover. Did you pick it up yet?

lol yup thats why i wanted it. Jeremy said he's gonna work on it today :D Pretty excited! Hopefully pick it up next weekend.

Skib, i never posted anything on ratsun. I wanted to actually buy it before i started a project thread. Again, hopefully next weekend :D I had to do an introduction here in order to post/pm people. I saw some free parts i was trying to snag up. Last time I posted a project thread before i actually got it, i couldn't get the rig :\ Was a sweet 620 KC
00_si

Post by 00_si »

that looks like a pretty solid car to rock as a daily. been looking for almost 2 months now for a 2dr and have yet to find anything solid
izzo

Post by izzo »

izzo

Post by izzo »

Changed routes.

Got a 71 GOON! Runs drives, body 99.9% rust free. Two tiny little holes in the floor boards up front. All original interior minus front seats. Carpet is in great shape along with panels etc. Two cracks in dash. L20b U67 dogleg 5 speed. Leaks oil, needs fuse box. oh, and tabs :D

Last edited by izzo on 29 Apr 2010 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

izzo wrote:Changed routes.

Got a 71 GOON!
what happened to the 4dr???

gOOns kick ass :!:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
izzo

Post by izzo »

4 Door is a good deal also, someone should jump on it! Its just not going to be ready for a little while. I think this is a better route for me right now. I have to many damn kids lol. And canby is coming up, be nice to have the room in the back for camping gear and such.

SSSRDET510, msg him for info on the 4door. Its a steal of a deal also!
izzo

Post by izzo »

some locals to tigard/portland came buy with a fuse box, everything works. wipers need just a little more work and they will be fine. she runs n drives ok. all the steering bushings need work. needs ball joints. one bleeder stuck shut. oh well :D Got her home today.