71 Datsun 4dr project

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
OUTthere

71 Datsun 4dr project

Post by OUTthere » 18 Aug 2014 16:32

I live in Coquille (Oregon) and recently purchased my first 510. Joining mainly to buy and sell. Wish I had seen the 19 gal aluminum gas tank sooner, starting with the problems at the rear and my tank is a giant problem. Bought a good bodied, good running (1600 auto for now)but has a lot of problems (wiring, gas tank, hinges, brakes, rubber, windows,paint,keys and lock situation is a joke, the list is long).
Had a 71 240z in the past, but I have always wanted to build a 4cyl.

okayfine
Supporter

Re: 71 Datsun 4dr project

Post by okayfine » 19 Aug 2014 06:50

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Feel free to post pictures of your new 510. Aluminum fuel tanks can always be made, but that might be more of a luxury at this point considering the To Do list for your car.

Be sure to check out the Suggestions thread in this forum. It has links to a color wiring diagram as well as links to The 510 Archives and the complete Dime, Quarterly back issue collection, which should help with some of your other issues.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

finn
Supporter

Post by finn » 16 Sep 2014 20:34

My sister lives in coquille. Were from Lakeside, between north bend and reedsport. Small world... coos county isnt a mecca for 510s so good on ya for finding one.
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.

OUTthere

Post by OUTthere » 17 Sep 2014 11:35

Are you saying there is a complete/running 510 sedan in Coos County?????? Would of bet my last dollar there weren't any because I haven't seen one in 9 years here. Live about 6 miles past Laverne Park and I go to Reedsport quite a bit since its the only wrecking yard.
Any chance you got your tags for anything this year?