Hi all my 510 project is a go!

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
jyz77

Hi all my 510 project is a go!

Post by jyz77 »

I finally have time and $$ to put into my 72 that will be vg33 powered. 8)

okayfine
Supporter

Re: Hi all my 510 project is a go!

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are.

What's the history of your two-door?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

okayfine wrote:Hello and welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are.

What's the history of your two-door?
I purchased the rolling chasis back in 2010. I had it stored at a paint shop that went under and then re opened by a crook who collected some money from me and eventually never did any work that was paid for and managed to lose several exterior parts. :evil:

Here is a write up I found about the same car. I can't believe the guy was going to pay more than 3x what I did.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/datsun-510-7 ... 86432.html

This was my first datsun resto/ mod project.
[URL=http://s944.photobucket.com/user/j ... .jpg[/img][/url]
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Nice Z, I love the rear pan work.

There are a few 510ers in the greater Houston area. Some of them even post here from time to time.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
jyz77

Post by jyz77 »

so here is what I ended up with - I am now in the process of upgrading the brakes and suspension and wheels before I transplant the engine. I really like how the custom grille came out = I have adjusted the left lower corner to make sit flush.( being that I am a junk yard guy... can you recognize the vehicle this came from ?)