New from ON

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
510paul

New from ON

Post by 510paul »

Hi. I'm Paul. Bought my 5th (or 6th?) 510 about a year ago. Others were very first cars. Stopped buying when I couldn't find one that wasn't rotten. Found this one by chance in '12. Deal tanked. Found it again in '14, paid way too much, but where u gonna find a good body in Ontario? In the "bought too soon" aisle. Been lurking classifieds here since first deal fell through; now i'm looking for parts to finish it to where it deserves to be. Gotten to know who some of the more senior and knowledgeable members are. Thanks for all you do.

Don't know how to post pics, but I will when I do.

To the mods: nice job.

paul
IMG_1777a.jpg
IMG_1777a.jpg (32.73 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
Byron510

Re: New from ON

Post by Byron510 »

You are approved and ready to roll on the Realm.

Welcome, and thanks.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello Paul, welcome to The Realm. Looking forward to more pictures.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510paul

Post by 510paul »

Here's a couple:
IMG_1506a.jpg
IMG_1506a.jpg (39.48 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
IMG_1505a.jpg
IMG_1505a.jpg (39.22 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
IMG_1508a.jpg
IMG_1508a.jpg (32.78 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hey Paul,

Like everything, except that fuel cell. Turns your car into a death trap.
smash.jpg
smash.jpg (16.55 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
The stock tank in the car above would have survived that shunt without damage.

The PO of your car didn't appear to install any bracing or framework. Did he just bolt it through the spare tire bottom?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510paul

Post by 510paul »

Four brackets, each welded to the floor & wall of the spare tire well. Not sure if I can return to stock, as the fuel door is shaved. Summit has a cell that's about a fit for stock location; not sure how I'd route filler. I agree about the cell-in-the-well. PO built himself a track car, I want a more refined outcome. Overall a decent build, but we have different tastes and wants.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

510paul wrote:PO built himself a track car
I'm shocked it passed tech.

I ended up making a large-capacity tank to fit the stock location (and in-tank EFI pump, etc.). I never found dimensions of an off-the-shelf cell to fit the 510 well. But, even something in the stock location could be fed from an open trunk, since you already have to open the trunk to fill. In which case I'd look at some sort of filler drain setup, in case you hate gas smell inside the car as much as most of us.