First 84' 510 wagon

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
KingKaiii

First 84' 510 wagon

Post by KingKaiii »

I just bought this wagon for 500$ from an old guy and it seems to be in great condition, fairly any rust anywhere and everything is still original. I'm wondering what do you guys think about this year? Is it even common or just used for its parts? Mind you I've never owned a 510 before or know anything about them, my goals are to see if this car has any potential to making it into a street car and to learn more about it.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: First 84' 510 wagon

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are.

Are you sure you have a '84 510? That's out of the year range for the second-gen 510. Feel free to post up pictures and we'll help you sort it out.

As to potential, it really just depends on what you want out of it. Depending on your local smog laws, there certainly is potential to up the performance, and if you're handy with a wrench, fab, etc., suspension and the like can be similarly modified. The only real problem with working on a later-model Nissan is that you won't have much vendor support, which means you won't be able to buy bolt-on parts off the shelf.

So post up pictures, tell us what you want to do, and we'll help steer you towards you goals. You might also want to join Ratsun.net as they have more late-model forums, where The Realm is pretty specifically first-gen 510. But Datsun is Datsun.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
KingKaiii

Post by KingKaiii »

Sorry I got my years mixed up, it's actually an 81' but I'll post some pictures up tonight from my computer cause I can't post them from my phone. I will also check out that website to see more info. Thank you so much
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

'81 makes a lot more sense. Potential is there:

Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson