new to forum. needed info on engine i have

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
2000roadster

new to forum. needed info on engine i have

Post by 2000roadster »

I have a complete L18 block with a A87 head. Intake is set up for dual SU carbs.
Trans. FS5W63A dog leg shift 5 speed smooth rear case and pinned shifter. Short tail stubby version.
I pulled the engine out of my 67.5 roadster 2 years ago. It ran at that time although a bit rough.
Is this setup worth anything to someone. I have been told this will drop into a 78- 81 510.
I can post pics if someone is interested. I am in Rhode island
okayfine
Supporter

Re: new to forum. needed info on engine i have

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Your intro post seemed to have gotten buried by an influx of new posters. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are once you move beyond this thread.

An L18 will go into a lot of Datsuns, but mostly in these parts we have the first-gen 510. Given your location, you MAY find a taker for the entire setup, but if you want to move the thing most quickly you'll probably find more interest in the individual pieces (L18 long block, head, trans). An intake set up for SUs means you don't have the carbs? The manifold itself is still relatively common used and won't be of value without the carbs.

Post up an ad in the Classified forum and start posting pictures and descriptions. A87 head value goes up if it's a peanut head, if it hasn't been shaved, etc. GLWS.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson