Wa member

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
stitebunny

Wa member

Post by stitebunny »

Hi, joined the forum a few years back but mostly just read.
Apparently haven't introduced myself yet.
I have 2 510 wagons.

I have also owned a 2 door. Sold it back in 97/98 to a wife of a guy I never met that bought it sight unseen. Have always wondered what happened to that car. I can't seem to find any pictures of it.

Both wagons are rough drivers. The yellow one is mostly solid and my usual commuter. The green one is a run down project from the 80's? Came from a friend of my dad that was into 510's back then.

Keep thinking I might try to sell one and focus effort and money into just one, but I like certain things about each one and so they stay.

Anyway, I appreciate the forum and learning what I can and seeing others projects and ideas come together. Hopefully I can contribute something at some point.
icehouse

Re: Wa member

Post by icehouse »

You should bring the green one autoxing in Monroe! Since you are a Washington dude!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Top wagon looks to be in fairly good shape - is that a factory locking gas cap?

Green wagon is interesting with the rear flares. Any shots of the rear door open? Were the rear wheel wells mini-tubbed to allow room for the tire, or was it just a looks thing?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
stitebunny

Post by stitebunny »

I would like to try autocross sometime! Might eventually make it out there! Even if it's just to watch.

It is a factory locking cap. And the rest of the car is in fairly decent shape. Had a cheap respray years ago unfortunately to a beige type color over the factory yellow.

The flares on the green one were done mostly for looks I think. No tubs. I believe 2 door fiberglass flares were cut and riveted on and then smoothed out with body filler. Probably looked okay when they were new. But looking a little rough these days. I'll see if I can come up with some pictures.
Redrumls

Post by Redrumls »

Nice goons!
73 mazda rx3 goon
72 Toyota corona mk2 mx22 2dr ht
72 Datsun 510 goon ka24de
64 nova ss
65 chevelle conv.
68 camaro ss