Wiper Motor compatibility

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
KeiDat

Wiper Motor compatibility

Post by KeiDat »

Hi,
I need a new wiper motor for my 510 which seem pretty hard to come by, but found a refurbished 310 motor that at least from pics looks identical. Can anyone maybe confirm before I make the purchase? I appreciate it. Gracias..
-k
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Wiper Motor compatibility

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. Probably not a lot of familiarity with 310 parts here, but it isn't impossible that the 310 motor will fit. If not, there are a couple modern wiper motors that have been adapted.

Post up pictures of the 310 motor you're looking at (particularly as the seller may claim it's a 310 motor, but it may be something else).
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
KeiDat

Post by KeiDat »

Hi, thanks.

Don't have any pics but here's a link to the same 310 motor I wound up getting although not from Cardone..http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cardone-Industr ... 2ca762d1e7

I just installed it and the wipers are back in business. So, anyone looking to replace the 510 motor and can't find one (which is difficult to say the least), I can confirm that a 310 is identical. At least for the 79-82 models.

Cheers.
-k
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense there's interchangeability between 310 and A510. Nice find.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson