Another 510..

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
mattbunzel

Another 510..

Post by mattbunzel »

Hey guys my name is Matt and i recently picked up my second 510 this year. I have been into Datsun's for some time now and over the last couple years did a semi frame off build on a 79 620. I have always wanted a 2 door 510 but have never been in the position to pick one up when they pop up on craigslist. Earlier this year i came across a 69 2 door that was not to far away from me. I ended up picking it up, but once i started to tearing into i started to find lots of areas where a previous owner had done body repair with fiberglass. After sandblasting the car there was not much left. After accessing the the rust and what it would need in sheet metal repair alone just to get the body back to what i wanted i decided to ditch the car. I ended up keeping everything from the car minus the shell. Flash forward to present i ended up picking up a 70 2 door 510 with and l16 mated to a 280zx trans and the car came with basically doubles of all body panels minus fenders, a couple sets of wheels, the original 4 speed trans, and 280zx front assemblies. The basic plan for the car is to yank the l16 out and put in a rebuilt l20b with a cam and header that was in my 620. Then go through all the suspension bits, do some rust repair and eventually when the time is right do all the body work but for now im going to just get it running and driving and keep it ratty.
RMS
Supporter

Re: Another 510..

Post by RMS »

sounds like a good starting point. can we get some pics ? still have the rusty shell kicking around ?
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
mattbunzel

Post by mattbunzel »

This is the New 510

This is the 620 I built

And no I dont have the rusty shell anymore I couldnt keep it outside at the place i rent and I had to get it out of the garage so the truck could have a place to sleep over the winter.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Looks like a good starting point.Good luck with the build.