Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
77Datsun710

Post by 77Datsun710 »

Hey guys,

My father has a 1977 Datsun 710 we are restoring. Hoping this site can help us! The car is undergoing body work as I write this and I'm hoping to get some guidance from the experts here even though it's a 710 and not a 510. We are in Toronto Canada.

Thnx!
okayfine
Supporter

Re: New member

Post by okayfine »

Hello and welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are once you move beyond this thread.

Post up some pictures of your 710, or feel free to start up a Project thread and let us know your questions.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

There are so few of these left, and of course you, your car and project are absolutely welcome here on the Realm. Most of the mechanical are very similar and you will find help here for most of your needs. 710 specific parts are hard to come by, but the knowledge is there.

Please do share photos, and we encourage you to start a build thread.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Must be almost the last one in Ontario. In 3-4 years, flairs wouldn't have covered the loss of metal on my '76 B-210 I bought new. Back in the '70s everyone that could, had a 'winter car'. Then there was a craze for used engine oil sprayed into the doors and rocker panels every fall. Many garages made money getting rid of used oil change oil this way.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
domicol710

Post by domicol710 »

Hey guys,
Great to hear about a 1977 datsun 710 project in " Toronto Canada "!! :D
I own a 710 since 1979. If you need any advises ,i might be able to help you .
I worked for Datsun from 1976 to 1980! :wink: