New Addition

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
cwd240z
Supporter

New Addition

Post by cwd240z »

Hi everyone, just got myself a '71 510 sedan 4 door. Been interested in these cars for years but finally pulled the trigger and got one. I also have a '76 280z I restored about 15 years ago, and a couple other, more modern cars in the fleet. Like most people, time is scarce, so hopefully I'll be able to find enough of it in the next several months to get some work done. Looking forward to getting started on this project..

Chris
'71 510 4-Door Sedan
'76 280z
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: New Addition

Post by two_68_510s »

Howdy cwd, good to see another 510 come back! Welcome. You are lucky body parts are much easier to get nowadays. :)
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

looks like a good starting point minimal rust and mostly complete best of all she looks stock. don't toss the banged up fender it can be used to fix the dogs
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Love it, and the right amount of Patina too.

I say get it running, and keep the exterior as it is other than trying to straighten that guard and any other shopping trolley dents with someone like a paintless dent removal person.

I always get a mate to go over any cars I buy, really tidies them up for not too much work put in.
cwd240z
Supporter

Post by cwd240z »

Thanks guys.
RMS wrote:looks like a good starting point minimal rust and mostly complete best of all she looks stock. don't toss the banged up fender it can be used to fix the dogs
Definitely won't be tossing anything. Yeah it's mostly complete, minus a few pieces. Interior is trashed. Rust isn't the worst I've seen, but it will need floor pans, front door patches, and maybe a lower quarter patch panel.
Stoney wrote:Love it, and the right amount of Patina too.

I say get it running, and keep the exterior as it is other than trying to straighten that guard and any other shopping trolley dents with someone like a paintless dent removal person.

I always get a mate to go over any cars I buy, really tidies them up for not too much work put in.
I agree the patina looks pretty good, just too bad the fender and front valance is torn up. Also has an orange drivers door, so that kind of ruins it haha. Getting it running is first on the agenda.
Chris
'71 510 4-Door Sedan
'76 280z