The new guy

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Taented

The new guy

Post by Taented »

Names Kenzie, joined here to share and ask about building and just the beautiful 510 in general. Almost got the money to go buy a little rust bucket 2 door to do full resto on, I figured here would be a nice place to share the project as it goes along its long long journey to restoration and I hope to get some help from you veterans along the way.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: The new guy

Post by okayfine »

Hell Kenzie, and welcome to The Realm. Depending on the rust involved (and there's always way more than you can see), you may be better off saving and buying a car in better shape. Rust repair can be a thankless task that mainly drains the wallet. Unless you like rust repair...there are guys out there. In fact, a number of them have posted here - threads of many pages covering many, many months.

That said, there are a good number of replacement panels available at futofab.com, which didn't used to be the case. I can point you to a 510 buyer's guide if you're interested.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Taented

Re: The new guy

Post by Taented »

Haha, it was mainly a figure of speech, I am trying to find a rolling chassis and something with minimal rust cuz I don't wanna deal with that. But I'll be hard pressed to find one with minimal rust that's not already built/restored. That's part of the fun though right? The search for a long lost gem. I've got plenty of time to search as I have plenty of money to save up but I figured I'd register here and lurk around and conversate with you folks as I also have plenty of research to do as well. I'm inspired to do a 510 build because me and my dad used to have a sweet little 510 that we had to sell and because we were in tough times and needed to move out of state.