A Big HI! from Big Sky Alberta

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Rat-a-tat-Datt

A Big HI! from Big Sky Alberta

Post by Rat-a-tat-Datt »

Greetings and salutations everyone,
Datto owners are truly the happiest drivers out there. Wether they drive, ride or gluide over numerous surfaces, we can count on one thing for sure and it is their tenacity to ensure their "pride and joy" stay on the road. Maintaining any vehicle is crucial to a successful journey and we do that by congregating our resources. Here, on this site, were able to buy, sell, or trade for any part or parts we need to accomplish a simple or more difficult tasks.
I am a Datsun owner too, maybe not in the 510 series but near enough to know that I'm amongst relatives of metal, glass and rubber. Albeit a distant cousin but family all the same.
I hope to spend more time here and share a few great stories over the next couple of years, maybe more. With everyones enthusiasm and gregarious input, hopefully my project can be included amongst all of the successful ones here on "the 510realm".
I have a 1980 720KC and presently am doing an engine upgrade to its existing L20B.
Head work, definitely.
New intake, absolutely.
Re-carb, goes without saying.
Establishing a starting point and hope to expand upon it once I've accumulated the necessary cash and time to complete phase one!
Pictures will arrive once the brain figures out how to post them, lol.
Take care all, from Calgary, Alberta.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: A Big HI! from Big Sky Alberta

Post by two_68_510s »

Howdy, 1980 720KC, good truck. I am doing the L series in my 510 as well more like 2300 or so when done. Welcome!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Byron510

Re: A Big HI! from Big Sky Alberta

Post by Byron510 »

L20B’s in a 720 are pretty rare. From what I’ve read this engine was used only for 6 months. A friend had a short box 4x4 in red, and other had a long box 4x4 in blue. Those are the only 2 L motor 720’s I’ve ever seen.

Welcome and post pics.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.