510 help in northeast

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
ASHTC510
Supporter

510 help in northeast

Post by ASHTC510 »

<t>Hello dimers ,I'm located in Rhode Island in the the east coast looking for parts and support.Ive been with my 510 for about 7 years and owned several in past.Mechanically inclined also but my 510 is a 1971 4 door,gutted,painted viper red.Installed some glass and rubbers already.I posted before about a VGTurbo but I got rid of the donor.Now I have a 95 240sx for the donor.Looking for northeastern guru and support to do mods like brake upgrade,suspension and engine supports.</t>
ASHTC510
Supporter

Re: 510 help in northeast

Post by ASHTC510 »

I'm confused second time I posted and smart remarks get posted.Just looking at my post in introductions and the the above me seem to offend me , I have had 4 Datsun 510s since the early 80s not a new jack.Looking for local eastern dimers that could have parts for my mods like I said and probably or could refer me to locals for suspension parts,brake parts,or people on east coast who custom parts.
ASHTC510
Supporter

Post by ASHTC510 »

I dont know, was that meant intentionally to ASHTC510.Listen if it wasn't, I'm wrong but looks like it is intensional.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Hey ASHTC510 I'm in Southern NH. If your looking for parts as in suspension, front swaybar for the KA24DE swap and big brakes FUTOFAB.com is your best friend. He's in Dunbarton, NH in the Manchester area. Exactly what are you looking at for suspension and brake mods? Like SR installs, your going to have to modify your front crossmember and trans mount or buy them already built,,but personally if you have the means I'd mod what you have and save a ton of $$$.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
ASHTC510
Supporter

Post by ASHTC510 »

Thank you much ,that helps.That is a start ,very appreciated.
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Welcome,

I am in Maryland in the D.C. Suburbs. I have parted out many cars over the years and have lots of good parts to sell.

PM me with a list of what you need.

David
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
demo243

Post by demo243 »

Missed this early, but I am up in the Boston area. But find my way down in RI and CT from time to time.

Don't have many parts I'm willing to part with... stock pilling them for myself hahaha... Parts are definitely harder to come by locally out here, but they are available.

Here is a stock pile of parts up here in the NE that look to be all in pretty good shape. If I had the spare cash right now Id be grabbing a rear crossmember or two... and maybe some spare front struts... looks like there is a front crossmember as well if you want a spare one to flip for your KA swap.

https://maine.craigslist.org/pts/d/68-7 ... 00360.html

I just did a KA swap in my dime, although did it a little differently then most... going with carbs and a custom rear sump oil pan. Ill post a link below to my thread for reference. Also Duke's thread is probably the best KA swap ive ever seen... wish I got to see it in person before leaving Cali.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30510

Your best bet now that youve introduced yourself would be to start a build thread and post some photos. That way people can help you along the way as you run into issues.

Devon
'71 4 Door - Street/AutoX/Track Day Romper - Carb'ed KA24DE