October 12, 2009 – Sea to Sky Classics Run

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
BlackEddy

October 12, 2009 – Sea to Sky Classics Run

Post by BlackEddy »

Great coffee and scenery, hope to see some of you there!

With winter approaching, we’re itching to hit the road in our classics as many times as possible, so we’re organizing a quick Sea to Sky run and meet-up! We’re keeping it quick, local, and fun…here’s the details – we hope to see you soon!

What: A casual cruise and meet-up with fellow classic car owners of all marques and types to “give thanks” for another season of motoring fun! Drive the best part of the new Sea-to-Sky Highway on a quiet holiday morning, and enjoy the company of classic car nuts before you have to head off to the in-laws for thanksgiving dinner! We have planned it so that you can be back home by midday. Some of you might have done a Sea to Sky run recently with your various car clubs, but its always fun to mix all the marques together and meet new people. And really, who can say no to the beautiful views and winding turns past ocean and mountains – especially on a holiday! Rain or Shine.

When: Thanksgiving Monday, October 12, 9:30-11:00am

Where: Galileo Coffee, 173 Highway 99, Britannia Beach, BC

West Vancouver Gathering Location: If you’d like to convoy with others up to Britannia Beach, we will be gathering at the Park Royal Shopping Centre (White Spot Parking Lot) in West Vancouver. The group will be LEAVING this spot at 9am.

Squamish Gathering Location: For those coming from Whistler and Squamish who want to meet the others in West Vancouver first and make a drive of it, we will depart the Squamish McDonald’s parking lot at 8am. Otherwise, just plan to be at Galileo at 9:30ish!

(from classiccaradventures.com)
tycot1
Supporter

Re: October 12, 2009 – Sea to Sky Classics Run

Post by tycot1 »

anyone considering this drive? maybe some others who cant make the club run on saturday like me.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Might be interesting just to check out what shows up in the parking lot!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy »

Yeah, should be interesting for sure - we have no idea of what to expect honestly! We are hoping that if everything goes well this could be a semi-regular run next year.

Hope some of you guys can make it!
BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy »

Well, the Sea to Sky Classics Run turned out really great! We had 50 cars turn up, which was more than we were expecting / hoping for! All kinds of different makes and models, including some stuff you just don't see around very often.

3 Datsuns ended up making it out it, 2 roadsters and Andrew's yellow and blue 510. Was nice to meet and chat with you guys.

We're hoping to do a couple more events like this next year...stay tuned.

Here's just a few of the cars:

S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

What a great event, and a great turn-out. I wish I could organize something similar around my area. Do you happen to know the grey MGA (or is that a Healey, I can't see the front)? I love that color and almost painted my car the same. Great bunch of cars there.
Plus, there's a roof rack on the yellow 510. I'm making a roof rack for mine right now. VW style with the wooden slats.
Darn, I bet that was a nice ride.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Octoberfast was better!
Jason
BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy »

S15DET wrote:What a great event, and a great turn-out. I wish I could organize something similar around my area. Do you happen to know the grey MGA (or is that a Healey, I can't see the front)? I love that color and almost painted my car the same.
Yeah, I don't know who's car it was but it was an MGA and it was immaculate. I really dug the color too, worked really well on that car.
We put together this run in just over 2 weeks, 3 of us posted on different club forums that we were members of, put an ad in Craigslist, next thing you know there's 50 cars. You might be surpried what you can pull off with very little effort.
jason wrote:Octoberfast was better!
Thanks for your contribution.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Blackeddy,

Please keep us posted on future events. I really wanted to come out, but ended up working on my brother’s car for the day. I'm glad the turnout was good, and I would very much like to get to the next run of this type. It's always so cool to get such a variety of cars in one area - and then actually drive them. this is why car show's don't so much appeal to me, but a cruise is always fun.

Keep us all posted in the future, I'll hope to see more 510's out next time! Kudo's to Andrew for making a presence :D
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yah, I thought about going too, but, I ended up with a bit of vibration from my power train again...and then I think my battery has finally died...so i decided that was it for the year!

I thought that would be fun, what with all the different cars. It was great that paul brought his 2002 along on our drive.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Rheis

Post by Rheis »

I wanted to go but with all the Octoberfast fun & Thanksgivng I got side tract and forgot :lol: