Malcolm's/Byron's cars broken in to

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Byron510

Malcolm's/Byron's cars broken in to

Post by Byron510 »

You just have to hate stupid kids some times. :evil: :evil: :evil: Both Malcolm and I have no door locks and no ignitions thanks to a couple of little shits tonight. :evil: :evil: :evil: The movies was good, but not worth the ensuing aggravation. They must have started on my car first, the usual screw driver to the door lock, then to the ignition. I guess they couldn't get it going -thankfully. So they pushed it out of the way to get Malcolm’s car out. Smashed both locks on his car, huge dent around the lock on the passenger side with the same treatment to his ignition. Couldn't get his going either, but managed to push/pull/drag/crank on the starter - anyways moved the car like 75 meters. These dumb shits probably don't have a clue. Thinking ahead, neither of us ever leave anything valuable in the cars, knowing their vulnerability, and thankfully these kids didn't get the cars altogether.
So the long and short of it is that we are both in need of locks with keys. Mine, being a 69 has single sided keys, and I'll need a non column-locking ignition. Malc will need a whole set. He has double-sided keys and a locking column type ignition switch. That's about all I have to say tonight... signing off, thanks for listening. At least we’ll still be doing the Duffy this weekend, and look forward to it. And everyone, please protect your cars some how, it’s always better to still have them at the end of the day.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

What a bunch of inbreed horn twatting morons. (i have no idea what that means)

ANywyas, that is no good at all. I can't help you out on any locks either.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

WHAT THE HELL!!?? where was this? if neither of your locks work, why would they screw around with them? probably those 11 year olds again, and they have never seen a car that old...

sometimes I think sidedrafts are an anti-theft device, no one can start a car with them, usually flood the thing....

junkyard would be the best bet I would think for Malc, even you Byron. Look for Stanza's etc. Ask Tob to be sure, he had some set in his car...I even found an ignition in a Nissan that almost works in a 510 with the plastic cover...if you don't care for the cover, theres a few that work...

talk to you guys later!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

dont; feel bad. My white car got borken into at Jens the night I bought it. my blue car has been broken into twice at work. and my wagon once out front of my house!

either way thats fucking gay. time for an alarm no?
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

oh shit... my car has no locks and i leave my key in the visor.... hahaha im gonna run a fuse as key to turn on/off main power and buy a race car switch pannel for electronic on/off and igntion since my key and whiring are all fucked.
push buttom start baby. and they wont be able to get my car moving if they dont have a fuse (that is if they even know how my whiring is hooked)
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

My sister in law actually had an ignition set up that worked off of three lighted rocker switches.

1, 2, and 3.

You had to pull #1, hold it while you hold #2 on, then push #3 with your knee, then release #1 and it will start. I think.. I can't remember. She also had a master-toggle under the dash that had to be on for the whole sequence to work. Talk about an anti-theft device, my brother couldn't get the car started. We spent 3 hours trying to figure it out. It was a sweet thing though, because without a key, you can still start it, so that's one less thing you have to worry about. AND it's generally a safe Idea, as long as you don't forget the combonation... I wouldn't recommend writing it on the visor, either. ^_^ I would kill her if she did it to a 510.. thank god she defiled a B210 hatchback.. the ugliest Datsun in existance. -shudders-..

___
Also, my locks don't work, either. I don't know what's up with them. I think it's the lock itself, because you can't even fit a key in it anymore. I graphited them, and still no avail. I can push the key on the passenger side, but the key just keeps turning and gawking at me with a barely audiable squeek, just about the time it should unlock..

Do you guys know of any other cars that use the same lock mechanisms? How hard would it be to get an electric locking system?

Also, you guys might look up Datsun ignitions on e-bay, I've seen quite a few different ones, all of them brand new WITH keys. I am not sure about the locks, though. They were all NOS. (New Obsolete Stock.)

That's ass... you guys have a THEFT problem up there. Move down to Rural oregon.. I've never seen a break in in my neighborhood.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

artika wrote:They were all NOS. (New Obsolete Stock.)
Guess again.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

supersportsedan wrote:
artika wrote:They were all NOS. (New Obsolete Stock.)
Guess again.
:D

Post by Guest »

New Old Stock? last time I said that, I was told never to get into classic car parts. :) I was quickly corrected that it was New OBSOLETE Stock, and not to forget it!
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

It logged me out >.<
I deleted cookies... my bad.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE