Club e-mail List

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
rnorrish

Club e-mail List

Post by rnorrish »

Well Spencer, looks like you win.

I will no longer be keeping the e-mail list alive. It has not been used in months. This is probably due to the lack of awareness to the club as a whole, but even then, most of the strong membership has moved here (with the exception of Malcolm...one day we'll get him on here - but I think his work has something to do with that).

And Sean and Lara, and Dave, and.....we need them too. Or maybe I do. Maybe I'm lonely and gong crazy out here because everyting is dark, and white.

anyways, the listserve is dead. any objections?

-rich
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510rob

RE: Club e-mail List

Post by 510rob »

what are you talking about?
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

exactly.

there was a Yahoo group I created a long time ago, about the same time as Spencer started the web site. This is why I said he wins. My form of communication is dead/dying.

Essentially, a single e-mail address you could send a message to, and then it would go to everyone on the "list". you also had to be on the list to send messages to prevent abuse. I kept a fairly strict control of who was on it (there was always the odd guy asking about which IR alt worked in a 510, but I never let it make it through. not a member/ not the pot of the list), therefore it never really grew like this site. it was meant to be a club service only. there were also a bunch of local non-members (mainly VIDE people) who just wanted to keep in touch becuase they no longer got a newsletter, and there wasn't really a website.

For a couple years it got used quite a bit keeping people up-to-date on meetings, and it helped plan a bunch events, but it has died in use over the last year or two. Like I said, lack of awareness. there hasn't been anything in the newsletter for years.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

do you need a bullet?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Post by 510rob »

How about a silver bullet?
supersportsedan
Supporter

Re: RE: Club e-mail List

Post by supersportsedan »

rnorrish wrote: For a couple years it got used quite a bit keeping people up-to-date on meetings, and it helped plan a bunch events, but it has died in use over the last year or two. Like I said, lack of awareness. there hasn't been anything in the newsletter for years.
I was unaware of this.
5teN
Site Admin

RE: Re: RE: Club e-mail List

Post by 5teN »

Can I give you a hug?
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

:wink: hmmmm.lol
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

no bullet required. like I said, it's already dead.
but maybe a hug, eh Spence... *sniff*

i just thought I'd let people know.
richard norrish
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Picture me, standing on the sea shore, cool music playing, sun going down....waving goodbye.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer