Just when I was thinking a cruise was in order...

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
rnorrish

Just when I was thinking a cruise was in order...

Post by rnorrish »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7wn5MlkEe8
http://www.wvpd.ca/breaking-stories/853 ... ed-impound

well, poop.
I wonder what the write up would be like if it was us in 510s, and not kids in 240SXs.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Just when I was thinking a cruise was in order...

Post by bertvorgon »

I was going to post that up also, watched it on the news this morning.

Here we go again.....already with the good weather there have been bikes and cars before this, impounded.

What can you say, it sure takes the edge off going for a "fun" drive, makes dropping over the Border just that more attractive.

When the snow is gone, I have a great drive for us this summer, down south, through the Cascades.

Fiddle fart, glad I had my good times years ago!!!!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Location has a lot to do with this as well, Hwy 99 has always been well patrolled, and the cops have always used any time to make an example of people due to the use that corridor gets. And I have to admit, sometimes the traffic cops are justified as I've seen far too many "more affluent".types who feel the road rules simply don't apply to them and there (insert expensive car os choice here) between their $6M Vancouver home and their $5M cottage at Whistler.

It's just too bad we have to go that direction to get to the Duffy Lake Rd, that's just one beautiful, scenic drive.

But I am looking forward to our early summer drive, let's talk about this over the grill on Friday? Bert and Rich, You guys coming?

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25430

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

On thinking about this on the drive to work...it is a REMINDER that the boys are out there everywhere.

I did notice that it was at night also, so the 240 guys likely thought the road would be less patrolled, who would have thought the RCMP helicopter was out with the FLIR camera.

I had friends come down from Penticton a week or so ago, and on the same stretch on the Hope/Princeton highway, where I had the incident last year, they were hauling cars off there again.

Glad I got the GPS speedometer.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Well, rear suspension is back in now, have to drill out a broken bolt in the head, clean the flanges of the intake/exhaust manifolds, get studs for the exhaust manifold, drop the automatic out .... Should be ready in a couple of weeks though!
Jason
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

bertvorgon wrote:I was going to post that up also, watched it on the news this morning.

Here we go again.....already with the good weather there have been bikes and cars before this, impounded.

What can you say, it sure takes the edge off going for a "fun" drive, makes dropping over the Border just that more attractive.

When the snow is gone, I have a great drive for us this summer, down south, through the Cascades.

Fiddle fart, glad I had my good times years ago!!!!

That Cascade Drive is incedible ! I drove from Osyoos down to Everett thru the Cascade's a couple years ago. It was Spectacular.
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

bertvorgon wrote:On thinking about this on the drive to work...it is a REMINDER that the boys are out there everywhere.

I did notice that it was at night also, so the 240 guys likely thought the road would be less patrolled, who would have thought the RCMP helicopter was out with the FLIR camera.

I had friends come down from Penticton a week or so ago, and on the same stretch on the Hope/Princeton highway, where I had the incident last year, they were hauling cars off there again.

Glad I got the GPS speedometer.

Having the pleasure of driving the STS every day. The best time to drive it is in morning during the week. before the doughnut shops open.