510 club island chapter

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

mmmm.... peace pipe.... it was good, man.

what were we talking about again?
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

laws man, laws...
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

bump
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Lou,

We did have a discussion about your proposal the other night while ironing out the plans for the Solo Event at the All Nissan Meet to be held this Sept. The 9th.. I don't think there is any issue with you forming a chapter at all. The fees for joining the club will be no different than anyone else - $40 a year, which will include 11 issues of the club newsletter and a Calendar which makes up the 12th issue. There's no problem with content either, Richard will set a side space for a monthly report from the Island Chapter in each issue, and all your events will be included in the club calendar, which is updated monthly. Really, this would be no different than when I ran the Island Chapter 13 years ago from Victoria.
I would assume that this Chapter would be Nanaimo based? Ladysmith based?? Based unknown??? Who would be the director(s). And of course any content for the newsletters (pics, stories ect.) are always welcome and often needed.
As far as events go, the club does have insurance for holding non-speed events, anything else needs additional coverage. But what are the plans for your proposed Island Chapter? Let us know, and we'll help you out wherever we can.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
supersportsedan
Supporter

Post by supersportsedan »

Thanks for updating Byron, I was out of commission the last 2 days...

The only thing I want to add is that depending on the size of your group, you should be casually electing 1 or 2 coordinators that are to be a point of contact for the executive and the editor to get a hold of, and who can send information regarding reports/pictures of meetings/events, and locations of upcoming meetings and events. Anyone who wants to join up as a member can download the form from the following page:

http://www.the510realm.com/Article18.html

Although guests are welcome to 510 club events, only members will be mailed a newsletter and will be able to benefit from membership privileges. 8)

Other than that, Byron summed it up pretty well. Let us know what you think, and what your plans are for the Island Chapter!

Paul
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

This is great news guys,Thanks,It will be based out of Ladysmith,As for the director(s)I am not too sure,Myself one?,I have had confirmation from 4 others over here that they are joining the club 8).I think this not too bad of a start.And for newsletter content the cruise that we are going on here monday July 31st is the first of many to come I hope.I guess we can say that this cruise is the maiden voyage for the Island Chapter again :D . Will find out more from proposed members on the Island here as to what they would like to do for fun runs,BBQ's,meetings Thanks Again, Lou

Anyone who needs to contact me can do so at speedy510@shaw.ca or call 250-619-8510
datsundalton

Post by datsundalton »

so we have an island 510 club??
anyone got some spare cash to build a bridge?
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

I hear ya had a bad ferrie experiance :S

datsundalton

Post by datsundalton »

ya the next worse thing would be the ferry sinking