Time for a Cruise

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
scotth510

Time for a Cruise

Post by scotth510 »

Ok, so now that we have our own little section, I think we should commemorate it with a cruise. I will suggest up the old island highway to Qualicum. Any suggestions from fellow islanders or anyone willing to participate would be sweet.
Scott
510Freak
Supporter

RE: Time for a Cruise

Post by 510Freak »

Oh yeh,lets do a cruise. hopefully an evening one early in the week. 8)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Up to Campbell River, then over to Buttle Lake, down to Myra Falls, and back. My old stomping grounds, great road course, twisty, just have to go early to miss the tourists and fishermen.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

Post by Guest »

Yes, hwy. 28 to gold river. Also have to watch for the super bikes. Lately bikers have been competing for shortest time to gold river through strathcona park, and like to take up all the road. I should say, take their half out of the middle! If you'll have me, and if I can keep up in my 620 I'd love to go! Cruise I CAN do. I'm near Courtenay on the old isl. hwy.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Wait till they meet one of the mine haul trucks, when they use all the road! That is a wicked section, just before the bridge at Buttle. Seen many a wipe out along there in 40 years of travelling there. After the bridge is pretty good, that is a high speed section, that is for sure. I wonder what their times are? I KNOW what I did one year in my turbo 510. Not condoning this of course, I think the road was closed for me.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

Post by Guest »

Damn, so excited I forgot... Evening doesn't seem like enough time, but OK, early weekend morning (cooler?) even better. Have to go now, got to tighten everything to get rid of the rattles, then put black paint over the rust, then...
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

For some reason I'm just a GUEST tonight, dosen't recognise me for some reason. Thats funny... I'm a guest in my own home. Yeah I read in the Upper Island News paper a few weeks back, the police were concerned about it, what with summer tourists. Seems it was quite advanced by the time they learned about it . Can you say helmet cam? Quinsam coal trucks too, take extra shorts or sit on newspaper.
datzenmike
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
scotth510

Post by scotth510 »

I just got back from camping at Strathcona park with my wife. We took her volkswagen and from Campbell River on was awesome. We didn't see any bikes but we did see the mine trucks. We went to Myra Falls, which are awesome. I think I would definitely need to wait till I have the 5 speed in for that haul. I good for any night next week or after that. If you know anyone who would want to tag along, give them a call.
DO IT, IN A DATSUN.
1968 4DR Sedan
VIN PL-001796
vgwagon

Post by vgwagon »

any pics of the falls?
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Well can we try and shoot for Monday July 31,?in the early evening maybe go for a run and stop and have a bite to eat somewhere in between,
510Freak
Supporter

Re: RE: Time for a Cruise

Post by 510Freak »

Anonymous wrote:Yes, hwy. 28 to gold river. Also have to watch for the super bikes. Lately bikers have been competing for shortest time to gold river through strathcona park, and like to take up all the road. I should say, take their half out of the middle! If you'll have me, and if I can keep up in my 620 I'd love to go! Cruise I CAN do. I'm near Courtenay on the old isl. hwy.

Are you Nanaimo side of Courtenay?how far from say Horne lake cuttoff, Lou

Post by Guest »

510Freak wrote:
Are you Nanaimo side of Courtenay?how far from say Horne lake cuttoff, Lou[/quote wrote:
"Bout 5 km south of Courtenay
datzenmike
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Anonymous wrote:
510Freak wrote:
Are you Nanaimo side of Courtenay?how far from say Horne lake cuttoff, Lou[/quote wrote:
"Bout 5 km south of Courtenay

datzenmike
Royston?
datzenmike
Supporter

RE: Re: RE: Time for a Cruise

Post by datzenmike »

You got it!
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

:wink: ,So I wonder if we can me somewhere in the middle between you and Nanaimo.