'78 long bed parts

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
datzenmike
Supporter

'78 long bed parts

Post by datzenmike »

I'm parting out my spare truck and hope this is allright to do on this forum rather than the clasifieds because of the difficulties of getting the parts to the mainland.

The truck is a '78 620 automatic, long bed, presumably with a 4:11 rear end. This was the first year for disc brakes and ball joints rather than king pins.
I am keeping the front fenders and rad support, dash, and the gas tank is spoken for. The frame is in excellent shape. First year for electronic ignition too, 3 core L 20 B rad, Z series gear reduction starter. It has the smaller size rear window, and good heater assy. Ft. sway bars were not available from '78 on. Grill is good. W-58 head.
If you can think of anything you need for your truck, message me, I'll look see and we'll work something out.
datzenmike
510Freak
Supporter

RE:

Post by 510Freak »

Does it have the black box dizzy? if so how much man,
datzenmike
Supporter

RE:

Post by datzenmike »

Sorry to tease you, but, the '78 620 DID have electronic ignition, BUT it had a remote igniter box that mounted under the passenger side dash. "79 was the first year that the 'matchbox' dizzy was used. However it IS a breakerless or no points distributer identical to the matchbox in opperation. If you want a distributer without points this will work, (untill you find a true matchbox) its just not as neat and compact. I find that this box can be hidden anywhere and can be easily made into a kill switch that disables the ignition. The matchbox with its exposed plug can easily be jumpered with a couple of wires. Just a thought
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs