RE: Re: RE: So when are we going on our next cruise

Post by 510Freak »

So Scott when would you like to do the Goldstream cruise ,
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This thing makes a mean pot of coffe.

Yes, we would have to pick a weekend, hopefully when the weather window is in it's best, June/July.
Then, some scenarios:
1) if there were enough people committed early enough, we could try for a group campsite, or
2) If one of you could head up there on a thursday to get some sites picked out, there are quite a few nice double sites there.
3) Some of us could take the friday off and come over thursday evening and head up, not usually a problem for me.
4) Butttle Lake allows a very close reservation window to a given weekend, so, we gamble on weather and make reservations for a couple of the double sites, if available.
5) we just totally throw it out as a last minute thing ( within reason), and who ever makes, it makes it. That always leaves things iffy to say the least for getting a site.

Anyhow, with a will there is a way.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
scotth510

Post by scotth510 »

Lou, I'm good any night of the week. Lets shoot for the last week in August if that works for you. Keith, those scenarios are good, if we keep on this we can definitely put something together that will satisfy the largest group of people.
DO IT, IN A DATSUN.
1968 4DR Sedan
VIN PL-001796
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I thought I would add my thoughts. I have 5 treed acres in Qualicum Beach. Plenty of room for campers. You would not need a reservation so a short notice trip would be possible. Then you can pick the nicer weather. As will there is a great car show on Fathers day in Qualicum. Also it is a easy day trip from here to Long Beach or Gold River. I host a BBQ on the BC day long weekeknd but trafic on the ferry would make that a bad time to come over. Trafic on the roads in the spring would be lighter. Just keep me in mind. I would love to see some mainlanders hop over. This year ther was a autocross at http://www.saratogaspeedway.bc.ca on Fathers day. So take friday or Monday off and there is a way to make an event filled weekend.
Mike
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Hi Mike,That could be a good option too(thanks)Mike has a real nice area to camp on his property and he is a great host.I think we should keep this option open to .

Lou
Last edited by 510Freak on 13 Aug 2006 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
510Freak
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: So when are we going on our next cruise

Post by 510Freak »

[quote="scotth510"]Lou, I'm good any night of the week. Lets shoot for the last week in August .

Okay so lets plan it for the 28th of August.