Transmition information

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
78Wag

Transmition information

Post by 78Wag »

Hey everyone I live in Maple Ridge and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get my tranny looked at out here. Also wondering if anyone can help me with info on switching my existing automatic with a manual. I have a 78 510 estate with the L20B engine. Please email me with anything you have to offer, from a garage to info. Thanks.

suicide_volleyball@hotmail.com
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

Need any HL parts? My friend and I have a whole 510 HL 510 wagon parts car...
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

If you were looking to change to a manual - now's the time. Give Cam a shout, as pulling al the bits you need from another car is the way to go. You'll probably need the pedals, master cyl., steel line, slave cyl., and obviously the transmission. But if you have access to a parts car, you can also grab the console, as it will also be different. The only thing left might be the trans cross member and drive shaft. If the price is right, get it all.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
10K_plus

Post by 10K_plus »

Try iantanner66@hotmail.com He has a bunch of datsun stull and he is by the coQuitlam mall. Thats a bit closer for you I think?
matt

Post by matt »

if you want a 4 speed i have a zx 4 speed
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

ZX 4 speed?????? Are you sure it's not out of an early Z or pick-up. I'm pretty sure we didn't get ZX's with 4 speeds. :-)
matt

Post by matt »

could be, I honestly dont know what it is. that just what ive been told
because it is the same length as a zx 5 speed
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Yep, they all kind of look alike, easy to make mistake. Does anyone have a transmission numbers chart so we all could tell what they are? Does such a thing exist or does anyone know if there is access to such info? It would help a lot of people.
ajen68510

Re: Transmition information

Post by ajen68510 »

78Wag wrote:Hey everyone I live in Maple Ridge and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get my tranny looked at out here. Also wondering if anyone can help me with info on switching my existing automatic with a manual. I have a 78 510 estate with the L20B engine. Please email me with anything you have to offer, from a garage to info. Thanks.

suicide_volleyball@hotmail.com
Go see Graham at AAMCO at Louheed and Barnett in Coq. He is a buddy of mine. He rebuilds tranny's for a lot of Datsun guys. He has owned Datsun's for 25 years. He goes under GrahamBCZ handle. You can private email him.