Dealership Club discount

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Dimebag

Dealership Club discount

Post by Dimebag »

Its sweet that the club has a relationship with Southside Nissan, but have any other dealerships been approached about offering discounts to club members? Is there an official request form that can be presented to other dealerships or any vendor for that matter? The fuel to drive all the way into Vancouver would pretty much zero out any savings I might realize by purchasing through Southside.
John Thiessen
72 Wagon
jason
Supporter

RE: Dealership Club discount

Post by jason »

I believe the problem is that not all dealerships can get items from Japan or Nissan Motorsports. Even if you could get the discount applied, you might not be able to get the parts you need.....
Jason
defdes
Supporter

RE: Dealership Club discount

Post by defdes »

NISMO offers a discount for racers thru their Grassroots Motorsports program, I know it might not be helpful to all of you, but for those of you who have club or race affiliations, it would be worth looking into. I think it's about 50% off list price.

Heather L. Ferrell

Nissan North America, Inc.

Nissan Motorsports

610 Enon Springs Road East

Smyrna, TN 37167

Phone -615-223-3338

Fax- 615-223-3341

racen@Nissan-Usa.com
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

Sometimes it's tough to find an actual enthusiast at a dealership, willing to honor club type discounts etc etc. Any given dealer typically wants to see a "group" of customers that will frequent their store. It is the individual franchise's decision, not Nissan as a whole, to make offers like that to drum up business. And when you find a parts counter guy at a Nissan dealership WILLING to look up classic Datsun parts, then be glad for that!! I would guess that many would not :( . It's always worth asking, but one person approaching a local dealer, asking for a discount, may not get very far :lol: !
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

there is a guy here in Chilliwack, make that two, who are likely to help out.
I haven't ordered any old stuff from them though so I can't say if they will for you (or me) yet. I think the hood trim and eyebrows could happen very soon though...

anyways, Gardner here has a B210 they are quite proud of, and in the past year the shop completed restoring a 510. the parts manager is the one to really talk to, and he has been around quite a while and knows his older stuff. i'll let you know in a while how i make out if you don't beat me to it.

the other is a sales guy, but he has been to a meeting, and is the one who seems most proud of the B210.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

defdes - thanks for the info on the NISMO action - maybe we should register with them and see what we can get

Richard - Nice, a dealer doing resto projects! Where is the 510, in the show room? I'd like to go check it out. Anyways, about approaching dealers for club discounts - I don't mind going and trying to chat them up but I just didn't want to be dropping the Club name as if I was an official representative attempting Club 'business' without permission. Let me know when you are planning on going there and maybe I'll come down too and we can double team 'em.
John Thiessen
72 Wagon
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

hey hey hey.. i just met you! there will be no double teaming anything.... yet. :D :P

like it was mentioned before, the people have to even be interested in, or capable, of ordering the old parts. maybe i'll visit with some part numbers, or call from work, and see what they say.
it's this reason why everyone goes to Southside. they always do this, and love helping us out.

as for the 510, it was a local customer's car, which i've never seen, nor have i met the person.
the B210 is usually in the showroom.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

ok, let me know how it goes down
John Thiessen
72 Wagon