BC Driving Center

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
rnorrish

BC Driving Center

Post by rnorrish »

bcdrivingcentre.com wrote: The British Columbia Driving Centre is almost complete! The last of the 25,000 loads of fill have just been brought in and the 500' x 1000' skid pad is ready for final grading, gravel cap and "airport runway" asphalt that will be laid as soon as the weather co-operates.

The purpose built driver training facility will be a world class venue that will be home to a number of different events, including driver training, automotive industry product launches, truck driving school and stunt driving school. The 2007 schedule is starting to fill up already as many different enthusiasts anticipate the opening which will be early in the new year.

Please contact us for more information on how the B.C. Driving Centre can help you with your corporate event, club event or customer event in 2007.
so, are we moving for September?
anybody (Keith) know any more details?
Does this even have the usual suspects involved?

http://www.bcdrivingcentre.com
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: BC Driving Center

Post by bertvorgon »

Nothing that I can comment on at this time, I will post up when I am able to release what is going on, on a few fronts.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

RE: BC Driving Center

Post by bertvorgon »

I was out at the PITT MEADOWS airport on the weekend at a bike race.

From what I could tell, and I'm no expert, things have a LONG way to go before any pavement is down. I did a 360 of the airport, and the only site that is "loaded" at this point, needs some major grade work, prep, etc. ( READ DOLLARS). Let alone pavement. Anyone care to guess what it would cost to pave 500' x 1,000', plus parking, etc.

So, like all the other "facilities" that have had great plans...I will believe this when I see it with my own eyes.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer