510 Day Cruise

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: RE: 510 Day Cruise

Post by datzenmike »

[quote="510Freak"]So moving at the end of this month up Island,closer to wet coast :wink:

Lou, are we going to be neighbors? I like to think of it as the left coast. ha
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510Freak
Supporter

RE: Re: RE: 510 Day Cruise

Post by 510Freak »

Closer than we are now I am moving over to port alberni,start my job there May 1st,if the house goes through will commute for a few weeks ,
scotth510

Post by scotth510 »

So what is everyone thinking for the cruise? I'm up for heading up island. Let's hear from ideas. Maybe we should start a list of who wants to join us.
Scott
DO IT, IN A DATSUN.
1968 4DR Sedan
VIN PL-001796
jason
Supporter

Re: RE: 510 Day Cruise

Post by jason »

510Freak wrote:
jason wrote:Yah, it's always scary to commit to going into hock for the rest of your natural life. Mind, you can always sell sometime. Prices are scary now though.....
It is and well I made a offer on a house today so let the games begin 8)

we'll see what the next 24hrs bring ,
Hey, that's great news Lou, Port Alberni is it now? Does it have a BIG garage?
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Jason,it has a so so size garage ,but a big enough yard to build a garage,1/2 acre in the city not too bad a size 8)
Yup its port now,signed on the line going to work there ,umm maybe in debt for 25yrs there(honestly hope so the house has all we want,pond,garage ,yard,all sides have 6ft hedge(privacy)lotsa room to breathe(over 2000 sqf)
Oh my really getting pumped on this ,have been there and back the past few weeks 3 times a week looking
THIS IS THE ONE we want :wink:

Scott you wanna cruise up to port to visit poor old Lou if he gets the house :P
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Good news then Lou! Welcome to eternal servitude to the bank! Half acre sounds great, speciall in the city itself. So are any layabout 510 guys welcome over this summer? I like the garage idea, I'm for a carport this year myself and re roofing the old one here.
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

most definatly 510s are allowed thats already on the mind,cut out the hedge in the rear,make a great area to park cars and in time build the garage I want,was scoping the yard out for this already,And also saw a couple 510s in port too 8)
And a cool thing my work is right on the water front ,Its a great photo OP for us :wink:
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Woo hoo, last time I was there was 2 years ago, took the ferry up the sound for fun. Port Alberni's nice in the summer, you're a lucky man Lou, you could've ended up in the middle of Saskabush ;-)! It's nice to have the extra room though, can't expand the fleet without it!
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

The ferry you took Jason was it the Ladyrose?? tour boat

If so my work is right at that pier

I know could ended up in the middle nowhere(was a nice town but nothing to offer),sure glad we made the trip out there,(man when I got back from there was sick as a dog for a week slept for 3 days straight UUHHGG never that sick in my life,Doc wanted to admit me for a few days NO way)
But bounced back fairly quick (thank god)
now off and running ,done about 1200k in the past week just to and from Port
and worked here in between, Damn
But the goal now is to get this house(hopefully for what we want to shell out for it)
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Yah Lou, that's the boat, for us tourists eh ;-)! That pier is sorta like a minature Granville Island, good Ice Cream!

My only beef with a small town like that is the opportunity for your kids. There's little incentive for them to aspire to different things. Sounds like the town didn't like you though, gave you some nasty bug as a going away present.

Good luck on the deal, when I bought this place it took over a year of back and forth negotiating to get it. Still had to pay more than what I could afford too!
Jason