Bears and life on the coast

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Good lord Lou, the boss moved in behind you :( ? Can't be home "sick" from work anymore eh ;-)!
Jason
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

jason wrote:Good lord Lou, the boss moved in behind you :( ? Can't be home "sick" from work anymore eh ;-)!
Dont bother me to call in sick at all even if he lives behind us :wink:
He treads lightly around me :wink:
Does not wanna get me aggrivated at all,trust me he has and well :twisted:
Lets say he was a bit shocked :twisted: :wink:
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

510Freak wrote:
Yellowcar wrote:Turns out I have cougars at my house. Guess I need to let my dogs into the shop at night...
Most definatly need the pooches in the garage at night,
:shock:
Actually I should let the cougar into the shop instead of the dog. Then I won't need my alarm or a gun anymore.
nickledimeme
Supporter

Post by nickledimeme »

Actually I should let the cougar into the shop instead of the dog. Then I won't need my alarm or a gun anymore.[/quote]

Thats funny!!

My brother lives in North Bend Wa. He had a cougar that was constantly killing his chicken's and goat's. It became a issue since he had 8 yr old twins and a 6 yr old son at the time. I let him barrow the M1A1 with NVG scope for a couple of weeks. The cougar was smart enough to never get Shot by my brother.(or my brother was to scared to sit on his roof all night to get the kill.) The Game Department got the cougar eventually .

Living on the edge of civilization seems to be more dangerous than living in the deep wilderness. We have a Cabin in Lake Chelan Wa. also, and it is 25 miles from town. You see wildlife, but it never comes knocking on our door. At least not yet. :shock:
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Bwaahhaaa,My Buddy(my dog for those that do not know,100 lbs plus of Sheppard cross) just scared the Sh!t out of a Big boy ,The whole neighborhoods dogs ,were going off,the Bad boy(bear),leaped a 5ft fence,
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

nickledimeme wrote: Living on the edge of civilization seems to be more dangerous than living in the deep wilderness. We have a Cabin in Lake Chelan Wa. also, and it is 25 miles from town. You see wildlife, but it never comes knocking on our door. At least not yet. :shock:
I'd rather have cougars than crack heads.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Well was ready the paper today,And the city is asking people to put garbage out day of,And also saw a blip in another article that they are going to start to impose fines on homeowners who do not take preventative measures,About TIME!!!!
The neighbour last night was like pretty bad when I have to lock up my garbage(Well what ever it takes to abate them in my books) :roll:
Attachments
img004 (Medium).jpg
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

datzenmike wrote:
nickledimeme wrote: Living on the edge of civilization seems to be more dangerous than living in the deep wilderness. We have a Cabin in Lake Chelan Wa. also, and it is 25 miles from town. You see wildlife, but it never comes knocking on our door. At least not yet. :shock:
I'd be happy with a cougar, or maybe just a cougar in training. hehehe - off to the bar!

-richard "cougar bait" norrish
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

rnorrish wrote:
datzenmike wrote:
I'd be happy with a cougar, or maybe just a cougar in training. hehehe - off to the bar!

-richard "cougar bait" norrish
Ahahahhhaa
RCB Norris,is looking for the Mating call "I'M SO DRUNK"(the call of the wild heheheheheh) :P
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

that's the mating call of a sorority girl too!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Sweet kill to birds with one ????? :twisted:
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Kind of a sad note,conseravtion officers killed a bear today,down at dry creek(where most of the flooding happened),A couple of people saw it and well??I think the big guy was just trying to get warm and dry like all of us!!!
I know that the are a nucance,but they are gods creaturs like us and there has to be a better way to deal with it....
510Freak
Supporter

Re: Bears and life on the coast

Post by 510Freak »

hahhah I am not the only one,
Some of the responses are funny as heck :lol:
http://www.alberni.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=8802
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

My brother sent me this picture taken out of his living room window. he has no less than 1/2 dozen different bears, pretty much grazing in his yard, all the time. Getting to be a bit of a worry.
Attachments
two nice sized black bears, Nimpkish River is down below, and to the right.
two nice sized black bears, Nimpkish River is down below, and to the right.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510Freak
Supporter

Post by 510Freak »

Wow..
That is a good pic of the bad boy on the hind..
They are in abundance,For sure..
They have put at least 6 down here (the troublesim ones here,then there is the not so troublesism.They roam)
The best one I saw was last year after we came back from Ladysmith festival of lights.
Here he is cruising down Johnson street(the main drag) I did have to do a double take on this one..
We do see them all the time(here)Seems to be part of the landscape..
Not as extreme as your brothers tho Keith..
Must get a lot worriesome for him..
(and the lastest thing I have encountered is ??,the Cameron lake ??)