BC '510' plates

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Gensaiken1

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by Gensaiken1 »

another good one to look for is 046 BRE

or why not DAT 510. I unfortunately can't get that plate in oregon till every plate with DAT as the first three letters is off the streets which could take a while...
1971 2dr Datsun 510 - L20b, 219 SSS Head, Roundtop SU's
inline4

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by inline4 »

hang_510 wrote:
510-Trevor wrote:The plate belongs to the registered owner, and stays with the owner when the car is sold. That plate can then be registered for use on another car.
some states do that.
so yeah ca sux!
im in a huge hassle w/the dmv to keep the original 70's blu/yellow plates. some fat ass up in sacramento gets to decide if i can keep them...takes 3 or more months :evil:

<-- who has my avatar as a plate :lol: id steal that one!
i plan on getting it for one of mine.
why is that?

when i bought my cars they came with blue plates.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

inline4 wrote:why is that?
it had been off the DMV computers for ??? (last current reg in 95) so they tried to make me take new plates and i refused.
if the reg had been current or they could locate it on the computer, it would not have been an issue.
Derek

Post by Derek »

inline4 wrote:wait. so when you insure cars in canada the insurance broker gives you the plates???
Car insurance in BC is all done by the government so it all happens at the same time.
Byron510

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by Byron510 »

Hang,

In Cali, they added the use of the hand and a few other symbols for their custom plates. That's one thing we don't have here. Even a custom plate can only be up to 7 digits or letters, no symbols at all.
One member has PSN NSN as his custom plate. The Pissin’ Nissan story is not as long as the Bert Vorgon/Lake Bullshitski story, but it's got even more age and definitely worthy!
Besides that, there are not that many custom plates in the club - I guess we spend our money on going fast instead.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by datzenmike »

Byron, last summer I had to jump through some hoops to get my dad's Sundance in my name and insured in Ontatio... well anyway I spent at least an hour every 10 days in the DMV and you can get plates with Canadian hockey and baseball team logos on them. And more:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/ ... 1.htm#arts
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510-Trevor
Supporter

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by 510-Trevor »

In Ontario you can have your car club's logo put onto a plate when a minimum number of people sign up.
1972 Yellow 4dr
Dimebag

Re: RE: Re: RE: BC

Post by Dimebag »

Dimebag wrote:My buddy Dan Friesen out in Hope has a great photo of his vanity plate "FREEZN" on his front bumper during a winter cold snap that left the car with snow on the hood and long icicles hanging from the hood lip and bumper.
John Thiessen
72 Wagon