Speaking of Westwood... (Kinda not 510 related)

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Speaking of Westwood... (Kinda not 510 related)

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks..took me a minute to figure out how the photo galley was working.

Name escapes me at the moment..will come to me.

I have a NASCAR poster for Westwood in my collection of stuff, "EXPORT A NASCAR 100", and, I also snagged one of the last Programs, which I know is still lurking in my basement somewhere.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

Here's the link to the pic:
1972 Yellow 4dr
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

Westwood 50 wrote:May 3, 2009

The VRCBC, SCCBC and the Westwood 50 organizations have created an opportunity for “airing out” former Westwood race cars (& their owners) @ the VRC Historic Motor Races July 17,18,19 2009.

Group 8 will provide track time for pre 1990 cars, either street cars or cars eligible to have raced at Westwood. As Group 8 will be a lapping group, the usual licensing and tech / rollbar requirements will not need to be met. See more info at www.asncanada.com “SoloSport”. Entrants will receive full event privileges including 3 days of track sessions, “goodie” bag, BBQ at the track tickets etc. For Westwood50 Banquet tickets, see the web site for details.

Tony Morris Jr of Morrisports will coordinate and the Group will operate on a “point to pass” basis at select locations on the track. It will not be a race group but rather an opportunity for Westwood era race
and street cars to be exercised at this weekend which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the first Westwood race.

Please enter as early as possible as the Race Committee will have to vet all entries and there will be a limit on the number of cars the track can accommodate. Sorry no open wheel cars.

Send your entry, photograph(s), and a complete history of the car. We are hoping this will be an interesting event for all who participate and for all those present at this historic weekend.
Drag out those street cars, boys and girls!
Keith, I'm lookin' at you!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hey Richard, could you direct me to the exact registration point for this?

I'm lost in all the "stuff" on these sites.

Thanks,
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This was Kirk Vaillant's car.( not sure of last name spelling)

He started out soloing with me back in the late 70's.

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Later in its life (the OK Tire 510 posted above); I believe this is the car that IceD owned. I remember installing rocker jacking boxes in the body for quicker pit stops for the short period he owned and raced the car.
I believe it went back east for a fair price in its day, but that price would be a bargain today!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

bertvorgon wrote:Hey Richard, could you direct me to the exact registration point for this?

I'm lost in all the "stuff" on these sites.

Thanks,
http://westwood50.org/data/HMREntrantPa ... 090505.pdf

though it seems like the registration fee is the same as the other race groups.
makes sense i guess.
Attachments
HMR2009RaceSched.jpg
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
iceD

Post by iceD »

That is it. Looks like the original paint color on the back.

ice D 8)
CP

Post by CP »

Thanks for the info. This 50th anniversary event looks to be a good show and I look forward to see what cars come out of the woodwork, so to speek.
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

CP wrote:Thanks for the info. This 50th anniversary event looks to be a good show and I look forward to see what cars come out of the woodwork, so to speek.
WESTWOODWORK :wink:
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

BUMP! I just got a call from one of the guys running at the Westwood event. He's calling up people trying to get a better turnout as there seems to be a lack of registrants for this event thus far ....
Jason
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

HRUMP...I sent one of them an e-mail, just to ask some questions ( to see if I would even be eligable) I did not get a response. I hate that! No matter what, I get back to people. Without some information, why would I even bother to send in a registration. Then, it is almost 400.00 to enter...that;s a lot of money just for entry. That would be a 1,500.oo 3 day deal for me, by the time I upgrade some things ( which is one of my other questions..how much is grandfathered)

Anyhow, would be a fun event...but.......

Keith Law
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

Kieth, you would be fine.
the lapping group is for cars from Westwood, or drivers, in any street car, from Westwood.
richard norrish
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Maybe they just need to make it simpler. easy for me to say I guess. Why not just have a 'drop" in style thing, and wash out the friday..most people work. I see you have to be there for driver orientation..fair enough, but, to have it on friday makes it tough for me. I'm surprised the turn out/ response is low, so maybe that tells them something.

If I could just show up in the morning on one of the days..I would be in. That's my perfect scenario at any rate.

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I was going through some more of my "stuff", and came upon a book I did when I was looking for some sponsorship, back in 1985/1986. It had some great photos from the 1984 and 1985 seasons. In playing with my new printer/scanner, I thought I would post them up. The first one is at a local slalom, as part of the Regional series, long before Sunday shopping killed the mall lots. The second, which has some famous local cars in it, was taken at.......see who can guess where this is......

The yellow buggy, and the super 7 ( a real one), where both Candian National solo champs, and, North American champions, at the Solo Runoffs in Kansas.
Attachments
Sun Festival slalom
Sun Festival slalom
scan0001_968x768.jpg

Keith Law