510 Club of BC Information

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
5teN
Site Admin

510 Club of BC Information

Post by 5teN »

The 510 Club of BC is a non-profit car club for owners and/or enthusiasts of the Datsun 510 automobile. Although the club is based in the Lower Mainland there are members on Vancouver Island, in the Okanagan and even a few from other parts of the World. The membership is open to any Datsun/Nissan supporter, whether or not an actual car-owner. The majority of members own modified or race prepared cars, but we do have a few proud owners with totally original, preserved cars.

Our monthly meetings are held at 7pm on the second Saturday of each month at a club member’s home. The details are published in the previous month’s newsletter and on the clubs website. Guests are more than welcome to attend. Not only do we take part in various automotive activities, such as rallies, racing, car shows but also BBQ’s, dinners and parties as the social aspects are of equal importance to most members.

As a member you will receive a monthly newsletter in which meetings, reports, upcoming events, how-to and tech articles, photographs and classified items are featured. All members are welcome, and encouraged to add any articles, photos, or opinions to the newsletter. Instead of a regular newsletter in December and January, you will receive our annual 510 Club calendar featuring members 510’s and club events.

The annual membership fee is $40.00; this includes the monthly newsletter, the 510 club calendar and a discount card for select locations such as Lordco Auto Parts and Southside Nissan. Free food and drinks are also available to members at selected events, most notably our annual general meeting and Christmas party.

To become a member send a PM to Byron510 with the following information. He will contact you with payment details.

Name:
Address:
City:
Province:
Postal Code:
Phone:
Phone 2:
Email:

Datsun(s) Owned:

Please select your options:
New Membership
Renew Membership
Spouse Membership (Additional $5.00)
Darrencampagne

Re: 510 Club of BC Information

Post by Darrencampagne »

I would like to join
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Darren, we have not run the club for a number of year now due to a lack of participation at the time; people got busy with life and kids and scouts and 4x4 trips and university and houses and all of the other trappings of life.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Those days, while gone in body, are NOT lost in memory or in pictures!

The Club came a long at a perfect time in history, most had not had kids yet, and, the resurgence of the 510 hit at an opportune time too.

In all my motor sport years, the 90's were some of the best, as we did so many other things together. Go-carting, hiking, camping and built a bond that I like to think holds to this day.

That there were/are such good role models, that really made such a good impression on my son, who was 8-10 at the time, was not lost on me.

GOOD PEOPLE...GOOD TIMES!
Attachments
Red Mountin Mine camp.jpg
Red Mountin Mine camp.jpg (131.27 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Mission track day.jpg
Mission track day.jpg (85.73 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
Club Solo and Knox mt..jpg
Club Solo and Knox mt..jpg (472.38 KiB) Viewed 2669 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

As per Jamie's comment...that I put up a picture with my car intact...and his on jack stands....( had an end link fail on the anti-roll bar), we did chuckle over that, here is a picture of the "twins" at Knox.
Attachments
028.jpg
028.jpg (178.86 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Darrencampagne

Post by Darrencampagne »

Thanks for letting me know