saturn alt wiring help 720 truck

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
jesusno2

saturn alt wiring help 720 truck

Post by jesusno2 »

I attempted to put a saturn alt in my 720 and I'm lost with wiring this thing up basically the truck has a big wire going to the alt already so I hooked it up is it possible to hook the rest of the to wires into the factory T plug or do they need routed differently I'm not really sure exactly how the factory wiring works.
defdes
Supporter

Re: saturn alt wiring help 720 truck

Post by defdes »

How about the "Search" key?
Very useful:
http://www.the510realm.com/phpBB3/viewt ... tor#p68574
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

Problem is that diagram makes no sense to me and my plug has 2 solid brown wires on it so I'm totally cornfused the stock wiring should be setup the same way no??
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Well.....there are no solid brown wires on a 510 as far as my wiring diagrams are concerned so you need to ignore the colors and look to where they are connected, if it's already an IR alternator you are swapping out, follow the directions on the other link(s) that discuss where the F/N or L/S wires need to be hooked up in relation to the new swapped wires and you should be good. Either that, or trace the wires back in the harness and find out which is the Y/BW for externally reg or the W/WR for IR. Make sense?
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

The diagram the hairfaus posted shows to wires from the saturn alt brown with white stripe and one solid brown both wires on my saturn alt are solid brown. I see one says L on the plug and the other says S any idea what those stand for? I can't open the DQ sight on my blackberry and that's All I have for internet acess right now. I figured I could plug those brown wires into the T plug but it did not work LOL