Looking for a unique car

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
d510addict

Looking for a unique car

Post by d510addict »

Hey all im in search for a car for once i get situated (somtime in the summer). I currently have a dime which i plan on doing at least the mechanical work and either swaping the parts and mods onto a good shell or rebuilding the shell once ready. But i'm still in need of a good looking car, ive been looking all around and cant seem to find somthing unique and cool looking so i was thinking about looking for a euro or jap import. Anyone know the kind of costs/markups and processes one has to go through to get say a jap or euro model car over to the US? I've seen several models of fords and nissan that you dont see over here and really think it would be cool to own but have no idea on where to start looking for info.

Thank you in advance

~Derick
510ER
Supporter

Re: Looking for a unique car

Post by 510ER »

Dimes are pretty unique and rare... So what more do you want
Spokane, Washington
71 2dr L20b stroker project
77 620 Looong box *sold used $$$ for rear coilovers and LSD
d510addict

Post by d510addict »

one i can drive within the year:(
joker72z

Post by joker72z »

Try Terra 2 imports here in BC. They import a lot of vehicles from Japan.

http://www.terra2imports.ca

Chris
Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas
1971 510 2dr, 58KM original
1/74- 260Z, 66K orig miles - SOLD
1/73- 510 2 door bare shell - SOLD
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

joker72z wrote:Try Terra 2 imports here in BC. They import a lot of vehicles from Japan.
If it's not 25+ years old, you're going to have problems bringing it back to the States.

But, anything 25+ years old is relatively easy to bring over. Just pay shipping.

Seriously. My car came in to CA in '07, just all the fees and charges associated with shipping and clearing customs, plus a bit of extra time spent at the DMV getting things straight. I didn't do any of that, Whitebird was landed and registered when I bought it. Still, it's not like you're trying to import an R32. Right?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson