Showing off my new wheels!

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
User avatar
t-man510
Posts: 32
Joined: 01 Apr 2009 22:42
Location: Grass Valley CA

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by t-man510 » 13 Jun 2009 00:44

did you have the hoshinos on before the works? what size are you hoshinos? and the works look amazing by the way i drool over you car

User avatar
datto510
Posts: 96
Joined: 19 Aug 2008 14:38
Location: 44-38'12'' N, 124-03'12'' W

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by datto510 » 13 Jun 2009 04:34

Image

Thanks! the Hoshinos are 15x7, cant recall the offsets.

sjkgarage
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Mar 2009 00:07

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by sjkgarage » 21 Jul 2009 22:55

wow those 14 inch equips look correct.... whats the tire size on those?

User avatar
datto510
Posts: 96
Joined: 19 Aug 2008 14:38
Location: 44-38'12'' N, 124-03'12'' W

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by datto510 » 22 Jul 2009 09:12

sjkgarage wrote:wow those 14 inch equips look correct.... whats the tire size on those?

165-60-14 Goodyear Revolutions (imported from Japan) :mrgreen:

User avatar
James
Posts: 2041
Joined: 26 Nov 2007 19:58
Location: Laguna Beach, Ca

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by James » 22 Jul 2009 09:55

I agree - a 14" rim (especially yours) looks perfect on a 510...
Finished is better than perfect......

User avatar
defdes
Supporter
Posts: 4994
Joined: 12 May 2005 14:45
Location: Vermont

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by defdes » 22 Jul 2009 12:01

datto510 wrote:
sjkgarage wrote:wow those 14 inch equips look correct.... whats the tire size on those?

165-60-14 Goodyear Revolutions (imported from Japan) :mrgreen:
Aspect ratio different in Japan? those look more like 40 than 60.

Derek
Posts: 1330
Joined: 04 Jul 2003 17:19
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by Derek » 22 Jul 2009 15:05

defdes wrote:
datto510 wrote:
sjkgarage wrote:wow those 14 inch equips look correct.... whats the tire size on those?

165-60-14 Goodyear Revolutions (imported from Japan) :mrgreen:
Aspect ratio different in Japan? those look more like 40 than 60.
At a 165 width, a 60 series sidewall is the same as a 245/40...

User avatar
defdes
Supporter
Posts: 4994
Joined: 12 May 2005 14:45
Location: Vermont

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by defdes » 22 Jul 2009 15:09

I did not know aspect ratio changed with tread width....though I guess that's why it's called aspect ratio!

User avatar
datto510
Posts: 96
Joined: 19 Aug 2008 14:38
Location: 44-38'12'' N, 124-03'12'' W

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by datto510 » 22 Jul 2009 15:20

defdes wrote:I did not know aspect ratio changed with tread width....though I guess that's why it's called aspect ratio!
Sorry, I mis-spoke. they are 164-55-14s. Goodyear revtechs. I havent seen the car in 3 months. I am across the country in NY for training.

User avatar
nickledimeme
Supporter
Posts: 676
Joined: 20 May 2006 00:59
Location: Seattle

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by nickledimeme » 07 Aug 2009 15:50

They do look good on your car.....watch out for pot holes :mrgreen:

For the rest of you guys drooling over the rare old school JDM rims... look on club4ag in the classifieds wheel section for rims. There are plenty of wheels over there for sale for affordable prices since the 510's will run the high offsets that the toyota guys don't want. The toyota guys all want negative and or at least zero offset wheels.


oh yea and nice view form the driveway....ummm is that the Columbia river or the Pacific Ocean? I think I see some Goonies out there somewhere.
Image

User avatar
defdes
Supporter
Posts: 4994
Joined: 12 May 2005 14:45
Location: Vermont

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by defdes » 07 Aug 2009 16:27

nickledimeme wrote: look on club4ag in the classifieds wheel section for rims. There are plenty of wheels over there for sale for affordable prices since the 510's will run the high offsets that the toyota guys don't want. .
Holy Ess! that 4ag site has some incredible finds. Thanks for the link.

User avatar
nickledimeme
Supporter
Posts: 676
Joined: 20 May 2006 00:59
Location: Seattle

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by nickledimeme » 07 Aug 2009 16:42

defdes wrote:
nickledimeme wrote: look on club4ag in the classifieds wheel section for rims. There are plenty of wheels over there for sale for affordable prices since the 510's will run the high offsets that the toyota guys don't want. .
Holy Ess! that 4ag site has some incredible finds. Thanks for the link.
No problem John.....I just thought everyone already knew about it. That is where I found the wheels in this link.
Image

User avatar
datto510
Posts: 96
Joined: 19 Aug 2008 14:38
Location: 44-38'12'' N, 124-03'12'' W

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by datto510 » 08 Aug 2009 09:46

nickledimeme wrote:They do look good on your car.....watch out for pot holes :mrgreen:


oh yea and nice view form the driveway....ummm is that the Columbia river or the Pacific Ocean? I think I see some Goonies out there somewhere.
Thanks Dom, I am aching to get home and drive the car! Hell, I'd be happy to stand in the garage and stare!


Wow, good eye! Its where the Columbia meets the Pacific in good old Ilwaco, WA. If the camera were a little more to the right you could see the Cape Dissapointment lighthouse.

area510
Posts: 3
Joined: 02 Aug 2009 15:32
Location: Minnesota

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by area510 » 09 Aug 2009 18:54

I like those Works wheels. Good choice.

NickleNDimer
Supporter
Posts: 1
Joined: 01 Sep 2009 19:14
Location: Canada

Re: Showing off my new wheels!

Post by NickleNDimer » 01 Sep 2009 19:45

Those are some sick wheels bro...
I love them.
I am in the market for 15' wheels too.
Let me know if someone is selling some.
Dattos 4ever!!!

Post Reply