Just picked up a new toy :)

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
five&dime

Just picked up a new toy :)

Post by five&dime »

Well I was preparing to turbo my BMW but then I ran across this and couldn't pass it up. My favorite truck of all time is the Nissan 720. I got this 86 with 75k original miles, all service records and 0 rust!!!!! I am so excited. This is my second 720. oddly enough my first was light blue w blue interior. Not the best interior color but too perfect to let that matter :) Besides.... It is period correct. The 80's loved their funky colors :)
downsized_1027091218.jpg
downsized_1027091218a.jpg
downsized_1027091219a.jpg
batfastard

Re: Just picked up a new toy :)

Post by batfastard »

Sweet! When are you going to bring it over to put a turbo on it? :D

BF
I accidentally went full retard.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Hahaha. I don't think that will happen with this one lol. I may do a KA swap or an L20 with twin SU's etc.

I still plan on doing turbo in the BMW this just pushed that back a few months :)
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

aww yeah the ST - I had a silver one just like that for years. It had a low Hz drone that gave me headaches on long drives which I eventually discovered was an out-of-balance driveshaft. I was always disappointed there isn't a proper IFS lift kit for it - had to settle for bodylift (blech) and crank up the torsion bars, but I still ran 33's after.
John Thiessen
72 Wagon
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Hahahahaha. Jamie.... My friend just emailed me with this....

"I have Z18 turbo manifold (fits Z24), throttle body style Fuel Injection intake manifold (out of 82 200SX (Z22 engine), and TURBO Z18 valve cover (fit Z24), if you want to do the Z24 Turbo conversion."
batfastard

Post by batfastard »

That sounds like a good start. Did you get it yet?
I accidentally went full retard.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

The truck or manifold? I pick up the truck in a few days when the guy gets back from out of town. But she is all mine :)

I was thinking about the easy KA swap but you know I love turbo just as much as you guys :) Well maybe not that much lol. I mean my lawnmower, boat and forklift aren't turbo :twisted: Even though I only own 1 of the 3.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I had an '85 that was nearly identical to that one (my second 720 4X4) and I had an '84 regular cab short box 4X4 in silver. they were good trucks, but they NEED stiffer front shocks! Other tahn that, I left mine both stock - they did the job.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.