DatsunDave09's New Start/Stop Ignition system for Datsuns

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
DatsunDave09

Re: DatsunDave09's New Start/Stop Ignition system for Datsun

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Then your Answer is "NO" ?

I NEVER said "No one car jacks 510's" That would be idiotic as best. A smart thief WOULD carjack a 510. Good gas milage, somewhat sporty, small enough to fit where larger cars cant, etc, etc.

I just can't understand your inability to budge. You have an obsession with conflict and Drama. Lately, I've done nothing but offer a peaceful solution to the bickering at hand. I said I'd drop it if you could. But you can't. You just keep crying, like a child who dropped his ice cream in the dirt. There is NO pleasing you unless you see it's Your way, and ONLY your way.

I can take criticism with the best of them. But if we were to meet, and I didn't already have an idea of who you were, after 5 minutes I'm sure I'd probably wanna punch you in the Throat and walk away. But that's just my Opinion. Find another thread to complain about. There are plenty of them out there. I understand the whole "pick on the Newbie" theory but you're pushing your luck.

Dave.

Your turn. Let's see if you can walk away or keep your opinion to yourself. Bet you a FREE DZ-Start system that you can't. You're rediculous.
Last edited by DatsunDave09 on 20 Mar 2011 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
TerryHackman
Supporter

Post by TerryHackman »

Dave... He always has to have the last word and he always has to beat his ideas and personal opinion into our heads. There is always someone like him on every forum.
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Not real worried about it. I just think of it this way.....
What goes around, comes around.
Do unto others as you'd have done unto you.

One of these days, he's gonna piss off the wrong person, on the wrong day, at the wrong time, and the end result will not be good.

It's that simple. I don't make threats I can't keep. And I don't make promises I can't keep either. When I promise to take care of a Customer, you can bet your life that I'll do my best to keep the promise with my last dying breath. How many people can say that and mean it. I know I can.

I seem to be rambling and would rather get back on subject.
I hope Everyone had a great week-end. I gotta get back to work.
Rebuilding a set of 280Z Turn signal and combo switch for another customer.

Thanks for the heads up but I kinda figured it out a while ago.
Dave

*Edited* for content :D
Last edited by DatsunDave09 on 20 Mar 2011 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

This might be a good time to rail the bickering with a dead end track. No more truces, no more finger pointing - just mutually drop the issue like adults. Thank you.

Let's move the discussion back to the subject at hand; Dave's push button starter key thingy (sorry, for lack of better/more concise terms).
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

DatsunDave09 wrote:Not real worried about it. I just think of it this way.....
What goes around, comes around.
Do unto others as you'd have done unto you.

One of these days, he's gonna piss off the wrong person, on the wrong day, at the wrong time, and he won't live to tell the story.

It's that simple. Everybody dies alone. And I have a bad feeling that he'll be bleeding in the process. I don't make threats I can't keep. And I don't make promises I can't keep either. When I promise to take care of a Customer, you can bet your life that I'll do my best to keep the promise with my last dying breath. How many people can say that and mean it. I know I can.

I seem to be rambling and would rather get back on subject.
I hope Everyone had a great week-end. I gotta get back to work.
Rebuilding a set of 280Z Turn signal and combo switch for another customer.

Thanks for the heads up but I kinda figured it out a while ago.
Dave
I agree, with a couple of caveats, first without experiance Okayfine can be caustic, enough said, BUT.... these last few posts referring to anger, blood, killing, throats etc. are pure crap. This kind of language doesn't belong here. I am not talking about ,fucking or fuck, shit or whatever, I am not hung-up, I am talking about veiled treats and blatant threats. Fear is the tool of the weakhearted.(my word) Thank you, I will shut up now,
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

510Rob,
I agree 100%. I think I've mentioned it a few times, that it needs to get back on subject. Julian already lost the bet though, as he PM'd me with his address.
I got a chuckle out of it.

As I said, I'm here to meet Datsun People and see if I can offer them something other than the norm. Whether it be good solid information or a Product that is specific to the Datsuns. I build upgrades, using information from Datsun owners, to make the most up to date products that work with their Datsuns, Without having to cut them up in the process.

I've made No death threats or wished anyone bodily harm, only stated opinions and facts. If someone along the line, took what I wrote out of context, or offensively, Then I Sincerely Apologize... And will edit the previous posts for better content.

Now back on on the subject at hand...............

I heard from my circuit designer today that the boards are about 2 weeks out. (to being delivered to us) Then I can start building them one at a time, as I do with everything I make. Lots to do in the next 2 weeks. Gotta machine the box ends, build the relay pack harnesses as well as the switch cables. All this while filling other orders for Motorsport and other clientele.

I also found a low priced 2) remote system that can used to activate or dissengage the security of the DZ-Start. This will be a possible option after I look a little further into the product.

Anyone interested in remote ON/OFF as an alternative to the RFID, for now?
Please let me know,
Dave
James

Post by James »

I have stayed out of this so far, as the product as such doesn't necessarily interest me (yet). While Julian can be confrontational and caustic, he is often right. In this instance, however, I think any time some one wants to take it upon themselves to make a cool product for a datsun - especially a 510 I am ALL for it. It may not sell a whole bunch, and you are not going to retire on this venture, but I'm sure you know this and that is not why you are here. It looks like a well made piece - does what it sets out to, and I for one DO NOT care if you want to hype it up with some talk of something that your product does that MAY not necessarily ever work out the way you describe. So what? It replaces the key cylinder - which is a wear item on these cars. Great!!! Cool upgrade for the car with everything. Please keep making stuff - I wish more people offered their skill to make more products for the 510.
Finished is better than perfect......
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Yes, indeed!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

DatsunDave09 wrote:510Rob,
I agree 100%. I think I've mentioned it a few times, that it needs to get back on subject. Julian already lost the bet though, as he PM'd me with his address.
I got a chuckle out of it.
Pretty impossible to be able to follow up on your end of the bargain if you have nowhere to send it, eh what? I stopped posting, yet you continued your digs. Seemed hypocritical, but, hey, what's stopping an Internet Tough Guy from doing what he does best, eh Dave? Stand by your word so someone at the SPEC510 Meet can have a chance to win your gadget at the raffle, whaddya say?

Also pretty interesting that in less than 11 posts you've gone from an introduction to threats of physical violence. That's gotta be a record. Your mea culpa is complete crap. You have the anger issues, and the thrive for drama, and a seriously judgemental disposition.

You have already shown what your word is worth, which is probably most damning of all.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Wow! You're awesome, I wanna be Just like you when I get younger.
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Found some great news for ya'll. Typically, if you press the button once, you get Acc.
If you press on the brake pedal and press and hold the button, the car starts.
-*BUT*-
If the button shows ACC from the first press, just a quick TAP of the button while pressing the brake pedal, the car won't start but the ignition relay is turned on, for diagnostic work or whatever.

I found out by accident today. I tried to start the car and didn't press the button long enough. Looked down and saw the ON LED was on, which means the Ign. Relay was on. So yes. The new design does support your need for an Ign ON position for working on the car.

So get in the car, press the brake pedal and "Double Tap" the button for an "Ign. ON" position without the car running.

then, without pressing the brake pedal, tap again to shut it off. OR press the brake and hold the button to start.

Dave
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

*UPDATE* time..........

Just installed the New Remote Control Key Fob Option in the box and it works Great!!!!

Even with all the wiring and other crap in my dash, the tinted windows (Usually gives signals a problem) metal and all that, The Remote had about a 40 Foot Range on it. I was across the street in my neighbors Garage and it still worked fine.

No beeping or light flash, just hit the ON or OFF button and you're good. This is the best I can do on a first Edition run.
I hope to offer a stand alone RFID system that can be hooked up to the Orange Dissengage wire, at a later date. But for now, the Remote System seems to do the trick for those worried about security.
Here's what you'll get..... A blue wire and 2) Remote Key Fobs.

The Remotes are. 1.25" wide X 1.75" long

The DZ-Start with Remote Option will be an additional $25 for a total of $195 delivered anywhere in the Lower 48 United States.

Does this work for anyone now?
Dave

DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Hey guys, been a little while. Got everything in last week and have been selling them on a few other sites. Sold 8 so far. Even have a National Distributor interested. They get there's in a few days, with the remote option.

So here's your weekly update. Hope everyones having a great week.
Dave
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Dang Dave,,this is cool stuff. Nice job on modern electronics for a 40+ year old car. Was going to post a while back but it was pretty hot in here. I work at a Nuke Plant and don't need anymore heat 8>)

Lou
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
DatsunDave09

Post by DatsunDave09 »

Thanks Lou, and yes, things seemed to have cooled off.
I gotta get the kids to a dentists appointment but after that, I gotta spend the rest of the day soldering up 10 more boards, then building at Least 5 more relay harnesses and Push Button harnesses.

That's just todays list. Got another order of Upgrades for Motorsport Auto, still working on their previous order and doing the DZ-Starts is an 18 hours a day, 7 days a week job for now. Guess I'll get a break when my Carpal Tunnel kicks in again. It's bad enough that my eyesight seems to want to take a vacation at the moment.

I used to have 20/15 vision. But now I'm using a 1.5 and sometimes 2x reading glasses to work on stuff up close.
Such is life,
Dave