insulating a race trailer

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
dcuplover

insulating a race trailer

Post by dcuplover »

I am getting dripping inside my race trailer and was wondering what I an do to stop it. I was thinking of insulating the trailer. Would I need to do all the walls and the roof or can I just do the roof? I looked at the blow in expanding stuff used on house and also regular hard insulation. Cheapest I have found for the blow in stuff was 600 (24' trailer 2 walls and a roof and front wall). Anyone have a buddy who does this kind of work? Thanks
510rob

Re: insulating a race trailer

Post by 510rob »

datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Go to a carpet place and get enough foam carpet underlay and glue it on. Where I live there's a place called "The Re-Store" that strips and recycles demolished housing materials that would otherwise go to the landfill. Even carpet would work.

Sweat is caused by humidity so install a couple of vents in the roof. In the winter every time I get out of my car I hold the door open for 30 seconds. This allows the cold air to displace the warm humid air inside the car that would condense on the inside windows and turn to frost if cold enough.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

thanks guys. I have two roof vents already. I have seen the Tiger stuff advertised already. I need about 500 sq. ft done so their large kit would work. I also was checking local commercial/residential outfits. I want to see if I can find someone capable of some side work. Want to get some other stuff taken care of first in the trailer like wiring new lights etc.