Art Hughes' 510

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
danfiveten

Art Hughes' 510

Post by danfiveten »

Byron said i should share this for the friends of art, and the people that loved his car as much as me. Was my first time getting to show her since i purchased her, but it felt like Art was there when she took best stock, and Best of show. Shows never feel the same without them, but always seeing the car there makes me feel like he is in spirit. Next up Blue Lake, stinks both ours and the Vancouver show are on same date this year, i really want to bring her home to her home show. Heres some pics from the day.

The awards.

Her all shined up and ready for the show yesterday.
Me and my dad getting gas this morning.

And this shot someone took today, the guy is working on some other photos for me that he took, but this was sent to me as a teaser of whats to come, just love how she looks here.

I just love driving her. To someone who used to love speed, i dont care or miss it in her, she moves good for being a auto, and just feels perfect to cruise in. I love this car, she will always be Arts car, and the awards i win with her will always partially belong to Art, because he put so much dedication into preserving her. I just hope i continue to do as great as a job as he did. Sorry for rambling, night time meds, need to put my disclaimer on my sig on this thread like the others ;). Night guys and hope you enjoy.
Vehicles
Art Hughes 1972 Preserved 510
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
2006 AltimaSE-R and 2012 Maxima
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: Art Hughes 510

Post by two_68_510s »

She is beautiful, thanks for the photos. :D
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Very cool to see it still winning awards. Dam good job on sweeping both categories. Did Art have a name for the car?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

510wizard wrote:Very cool to see it still winning awards. Dam good job on sweeping both categories. Did Art have a name for the car?
I asked Art that questioin once, he thought about it for a few seconds and eventually replied "No, I don't think so...nothing really comes to mind."

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

Lol art didnt from what i know like byron said, but to me it does have a name. Its known to me and the family, and to alot just as, Arts Car. How she will always be refered to by me, i will own it the rest of my life and STILL call it Arts car lol.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Just like the Greg Terry Project - it'll always be Gregs car to me.

It's a tribute, I'm good with that.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

:)

Someone made a comment on ratsun, Those are arts awards, he built the car. I was like, he didnt build it...he PRESERVED it. And there both his and my awards, because im the cars current caretaker, the one who repairs, maintains, and now preserves it. To me its not about winning, its keeping the car out there in the circuit so she can be seen, nothing like her out there...well there is 1 red 4 door like her out there :), got to talk to the owner at Canby, he drove his 310 i think, and he didnt know Art had passed :(

Also i got my new sound system for the car today. https://www.getboomcube.com/IDVBC/1.000 ... id=3169334

Just one of those lil square Boom Cubes. Plugs into my iphone, loud as hell, so i can listen to better music in the car. I just set it in the center console as im driving to hear it, its plenty loud since shes so quiet inside. Also im so sick of am radio, all i could find is radio disney, i swear if i heard another johnas brothers song i would go insane.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I'd name the car "Art", that's just me, especially after he owned it so long plus it lets his name live on with the car. It's a cool car for sure, pretty stock but it's cool. Maybe even get a cool personalized plate for it too.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You can modify the AM radio to accept a mini-jack input:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25066&p=216291&hilit=radio#p216291
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

Thats cool, if i dont like the cube i can try that, i was thinking about doing something like that, but i dont want to pull anything apart unless i have to. There is a vibration in the dash i would like to find though.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

goichi1 wrote:I'd name the car "Art", that's just me, especially after he owned it so long plus it lets his name live on with the car. It's a cool car for sure, pretty stock but it's cool. Maybe even get a cool personalized plate for it too.
This is an awesome 8) idea Dan, I'd do it if it where my car :D !
Jason
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

From this day she will be named Art! I would do the plate, but 50 a year for personalized plates ( i think its more expensive now) is ridiculous, its got collector plates on like Art had.

I also plan on getting a in memory of Art sticker for the back window made with his birth date and passing date on it. And modifying his standing plaque to have his history and stuff on it, people asked me why i didnt set it up like he usually does, but it just seemed to weird and it also mentions about the car being for sale. Want to make sure people know about him and how much he put into the car for so many years. He was dedicated, and i plan on being just as much. Never had a car ive been so paranoid of, or love to drive so much. My purple 510 is getting jealous i think, i need to drive her soon lol.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Great news, I'm sure "Art" will be well received!
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

danfiveten wrote::)

Someone made a comment on ratsun, Those are arts awards, he built the car. I was like, he didnt build it...he PRESERVED it. And there both his and my awards, because im the cars current caretaker, the one who repairs, maintains, and now preserves it.
Those are big shoes to fill Dan but I have no doubt you're up to the task. Congrats to you (and the car) :lol: Some of these cars are well over 40 years old and going strong and could outlive their owners. They may get passed down to someone else so it's important to keep them as near stock looking as possible. Things like speakers in the door, hood pins and flairs are hard to put back to original. Nice to see something so pristine.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
danfiveten

Re: Art Hughes' 510

Post by danfiveten »

Thanks mike, i didnt know u were at canby or i would of loved to of finally met you, i was like CRAP!

And Art remains as she is...Heaven forbid anyone ever hit me in her, i will rip their spine out of their asshole.
Vehicles
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder