My must haves would be:
1. 1500 to 2000 sqf
2. Heat, including the floor
Damn. Well, it appears the shop I'm building fails on all three fronts. Half the size, no heat and no lift.
HAHA mine does too!
The things I'm going to change about my garage is.
1. Plywood on all the walls. Sheet rock is a joke IMO there isn't any purpose (besides fire code) to install it. I have 1/3 of one wall that isn't sheet rock for some reason someone installed plywood. It's bad ass. I want something hung on the wall, well no need looking for a stud just screw it on. When I finish all my wiring I'm add plywood to all the walls.
2. A 200 amp panel. I know what your thinking 200 amps is the main panel. Who cares as long as whatever breaker you run from your main matches the wire size to the new shop panel your good, that way if anything bad happens the breaker in the house will pop. You also won't have to constanly switch plugs in your garage to run different tools. You just know you can't run to many things at once. I would post a pic of my garage panel but I think some of you may shit bricks
3. Big ass beams. I may be a day dreamer but how cool would it be to have hoist points from the ceiling? Cab swaps pulling heavy stuff out of your truck. I would have an I beam with the hoist they use in scary movies.
4. Nothing fancy done to the floor. I crylon shit on the floor, spill things, a fancy floor isn't anything I want. Raw concrete somewhat smooth.
5. Vacume pipes, nothing fancy just a few PVC pipes running around the garage hooked up to a Craigslist shop vac. When it burns out a new one can be hooked up. Maybe run it through a "bong" to keep some of the dust out from the blast cabinet. Both this and the compressor hooked up in a different area so the noise doesn't kill you.
6. Yes the bigger the shop the better.... Although I have a 25x30ish and it's plenty big. I'll post a picture. In my mind I think I may add a car port on the front later for a lift I like the size. It's heatable (doesn't brake the bank) and how much space do we need?
This picture was taken with my iphone in panoramic mode.
I'll take a photo of the kick ass plywood wall later.