Stainless steel fuel lines

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Stainless steel fuel lines

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Sup fellas I'm getting ready to purchase some 3/8 stainless steel tubing fuel lines for my KA-T swap. My questions to you all is how manny feet should I buy?
Ebay has a deal on 20" 3/8 SS line for $51.00 plus free shipping. Not sure if thats enough for what I need. If you have better source to purchase the tubing from please feel free to chime in.

Thanks
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Stainless steel fuel lines

Post by okayfine »

510 wheelbase is ~8', so if you want supply and return and extra to get it from tank height down, under, and then back up to intake height, 20' doesn't seem like enough. If you're doing two lines and wanting to mirror the factory under-floor routing, 30' is probably closer to the mark.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

okayfine wrote:510 wheelbase is ~8', so if you want supply and return and extra to get it from tank height down, under, and then back up to intake height, 20' doesn't seem like enough. If you're doing two lines and wanting to mirror the factory under-floor routing, 30' is probably closer to the mark.
Thanks man very much appreciated. I have a 15 gallon fuel cell so it won't need to go that high. I will see if I can find something longer then.
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

when going stainless, I have to ask what grade of stainless line is it? The reason I ask is that forming stainless tubing is quite a bit tougher than steel lines, so care needs to be taken on the type of forming tooling you use and the type of fittings you'll utilize.

On my car I went 316L, as it's a bit more forgiving on teaching forming get side. I also utilized JIC fittings because the tubing is asked to do less to make the seal.

Just some thoughts.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Byron510 wrote:when going stainless, I have to ask what grade of stainless line is it? The reason I ask is that forming stainless tubing is quite a bit tougher than steel lines, so care needs to be taken on the type of forming tooling you use and the type of fittings you'll utilize.

On my car I went 316L, as it's a bit more forgiving on teaching forming get side. I also utilized JIC fittings because the tubing is asked to do less to make the seal.

Just some thoughts.

Byron
Not sure what it is but I did just ask the seller what gauge it is.. Thanks for the heads up I wish I had known this before I bought it. LOL
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !