SR20DE Swap: Electrical

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
wllybly

SR20DE Swap: Electrical

Post by wllybly »

I recently bought a 72 2-door with an SR swap in progress. It came with a KA harness and computer. I could probably do the wiring myself but I've never been all that confident about working on that stuff. Is it just a matter of matching the pin-out of the ECU to the right sensors/injectors/ignitor/etc. or am I headed for trouble? If I could find someone near here (Oxnard, CA) that does that kind of work at a reasonable price I'd just use them but so far I haven't found anyone.
heirfaus

Post by heirfaus »

Wow is this some sort of hipo upgrade, SR20 with KA computer. I wouldn't touch it with a stick. I would recomend getting and SR20 ECU and harness
"An intercooler...has never been, nor should ever be, considered icing on the cake. A proper intercooler is more cake."
Corky Bell, Maximum Boost

"one of the little things that add up"
-defdes
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

i dont know of anyone close (ventura here) that will touch it (w/ or w/o a stick).
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

K Beam
Mckinney motorsports
Toe Speed Racing

Look at 240SX shops(websearch)

But I dont know where these guys are in location to you.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Get the sentra s-er computer and wiring, that's what I would do, I'm sure you could get the ka ecu and wirring to work but why bother when s-er parts are so cheap, and wirring Doesn't sould like your cup o tea.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
jackedaw11

Post by jackedaw11 »

spriso_silvia@yahoo.com <- that guy makes a plug and play harness out of your KA wiring

Jim Wolf Tech will reprogram your ecu to run the SR
RWD_NissanMan
Supporter

Post by RWD_NissanMan »

The KA ECU is quite different from the SR20 ECU (unless you have the "non-turbo" version of the SR20 that uses a distributor rather than a CAS. The SR20DET ECU supports "coil-on-plug" and you would have to convert the engine (which I have seen people do with aftermarket components).

Do you have an SR20DE or SR20DET??
1969 Datsun 510 4-door (donor shell for below)
1973 Datsun 510 SR20DET (sort of broken right now)
1998 Suzuki Escudo (JDM Sidekick Sport) 2.0TD 4x4 (daily driver)
2006 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 3V 4x2 (wife's ride)
2005 & 2006 Targa Newfoundland Entrant
BACARDI_DWB

Post by BACARDI_DWB »

you will not beable to use that KA with the SR20. you could use the one off a CA18. you have 3 options
1 go and buy a SR harness/ecu
2 buy a standalone (recomended) http://www.sdsefi.com/
3 buy my CA18DET harness ECU for $500

sorry it sounds like you got the shaft on that one
BACARDI_DWB

Post by BACARDI_DWB »

you probelly have more choices than that but those are the ones i would recommend. i am still verifying about the CA18DET harness
jackedaw11

Post by jackedaw11 »

The hybrid how-to article in sport compact car has instructions for running an sr20det off a ka harness and ka ecu.
BACARDI_DWB

Post by BACARDI_DWB »

really. pretty impressive! i will have to check that out. i knew there were more options than what i mentioned
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

jackedaw11 wrote:The hybrid how-to article in sport compact car has instructions for running an sr20det off a ka harness and ka ecu.

I don't believe you, could I get a link to the article.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam